PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who has been tuned by livernoise motorsports??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR
Was that just a cal, or was there dyno tuning involved?
A what?

I said, Steve tuned it.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gohard
A what?

I said, Steve tuned it.

Sorry, a cal is a calibration/tune.....meaning did he just do a bench tuning, or did you do a dyno tuning. 10 minutes or an hour or two is the difference. I know you said steve tuned the car, i was wondering how for that price. For a tune, that sounds average, for a dyno tune that is very affordable.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by unit213
You can't be serious? I suggest you do a little research.
I wouldn't let Greg tune a piano. He is a huge part of the reason why Livernois
used to have tuning problems years ago.
I went to Greg and it was the biggest waste of money! He had a attitude as well and I to have a SI car to. I think all he did was change my rev limit tire size and turn off a code and a dyno run. I paid $550 I drove the car it was the same so I went in and said my light is still on and my speedo is still off I did not get a befor and after dyno sheet. Then he said well I will give it to you for $450. I had to go back two times. rev limiter still was not changed I have HPT now and everything was the same as a stock tune! The 3 thangs I went back for was all that was done. This was at Livernois and it was by gerg! dont waste your money. I went thier after I saw him in a magazine I am a true hater

Last edited by gothp; 10-07-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gothp
I went to Greg and it was the biggest waste of money! He had a attitude as well and I to have a SI car to. I think all he did was change my rev limit tire size and turn off a code and a dino run. I paid $550 I drove the car it was the same so I went in and said my light is still on and my speedo is still off I did not get a befor and after dino sheet. Then he said well I will give it to you for $450. I had to go back two times. rev limiter still was not changed I have HPT now and everything was the same as a stock tune! The 3 thangs I went back for was all that was done. This was at Livernois and it was by gerg! dont waste your money. I went thier after I saw him in a magazine I am a true hater
There is no way any of this true (aside from getting screwed by levernois..that sounds about right, sounds like they got paid, and if thats what you found in the tune, it wasnt greg that tuned your car), but good luck with all the rage
Old 10-07-2010, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Sorry, a cal is a calibration/tune.....meaning did he just do a bench tuning, or did you do a dyno tuning. 10 minutes or an hour or two is the difference. I know you said steve tuned the car, i was wondering how for that price. For a tune, that sounds average, for a dyno tune that is very affordable.
Full tune on the dyno, with the wideband hooked up and all. Did 3 runs on the dyno.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by c6matt
There is no way any of this true (aside from getting screwed by levernois..that sounds about right, sounds like they got paid, and if thats what you found in the tune, it wasnt greg that tuned your car), but good luck with all the rage
I am 100% that it was greg I talked to him to many time to forget. I will have to get my dyno sheet to prove it. I think his name is on it!

Last edited by gothp; 10-07-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:53 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by mike c.
I spoke with livernoise today and the guy was real short with me. If i asked a question,he didn't seen to want to talk and was a cocky sounding ***. He was not the tuner,but getting info was like asking him if i could do his wife.
So,if you have been tuned there how does your car run on the street and perform at the track. Was they cool and seemed to know what they were doing with LS type motors? Any info on them would be great. Thanks Mike.
Originally Posted by mike c.
No sir! I will not let him touch my car. Not even going to go into it.
I think they do good mechanical work as my car has been good in that regard. As far as the tuning goes it was a complete disaster... I'll leave it at that.

Originally Posted by unit213
Mike,

Let's just put it this way...Dan Millen (Livernois' tuner) knows far more than both us of ...and everyone else in this thread combined when talking about any mod motor, SBF, SBC, any LSx platform, etc. He's tuned well over a thousand LSx cars by now I'm sure and he's owned quite a few of them too.
I agree that Dan is successful, they have good R&D, as well as customer service (to a point). You came to their defense in the last Livernois thread... seems your the only one that does But really every shop makes mistakes. I know they have turned out some good cars but there are still bad experiences here and there, is what it is...
Old 10-07-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am 100% that it was greg I talked to him to many time to forget. I will have to get my dino sheet to prove it. I think his name is on it!
cool, i want to see how much HP your brontosaurus is putting down..
Old 10-07-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

as for Banish..Myself and 2 other OEM calibrators watched him get my 67 camaro combo up and running good enough in 10 minutes to make the O2s switch in open loop.. nothing special, just a standard ls1 with longtubes, injectors, custom intake and card-maf conversion, egr/air delete, and tvs blower..the results i have seen speak for themselves..
Old 10-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Teching In

OK so I had him work on the car first a detroit speedworks and the next time was when they merged with Livernois. So I'm say dont go to gerg! I do think he can tune a car but only if he wonts to or cares to! I have the wright up that I found on him and where he worked the dyno sheet does not have his name on it. But all my notes say greg and when we meet and what he was going to do. I am not saying my car is making alot of power and it is also a long time ago. The wright up was 3/2003 and i was tuned on 8/20/2003 for the first time. On my 2nd page it shows my a/f at wot all over the place for 12.2 as low as 11.6 Keep in mind this is a SI car. I didnt know abought Air /Fuel then! wish I did.
Attached Thumbnails who has been tuned by livernoise motorsports??-img_20101007_133307.jpg   who has been tuned by livernoise motorsports??-img_20101007_133110.jpg  

Last edited by gothp; 10-07-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK so I had him work on the car first a detroit speedworks and the next time was when they merged with Livernois. So I'm say dont go to gerg! I do think he can tune a car but only if he wonts to or cares to! I have the wright up that I found on him and where he worked the dino sheet does not have his name on it. But all my notes say greg and when we meet and what he was going to do. I am not saying my car is making alot of power and it is also a long time ago. The wright up was 3/2003 and i was tuned on 8/20/2003 for the first time. On my 2nd page it shows my a/f at wot all over the place for 12.2 as low as 11.6 Keep in mind this is a SI car. I didnt know abought Air /Fuel then! wish I did.
First.. its dyno..

second i that really is all speculation and inconclusive facts other than your nots saying a guy named "Greg" did it, and filed it years ago.. not thinking your trying to start drama, but it sure doesn't sound like the same guy.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:32 PM
11 Second Club

First.. its dyno..
I've heard "Dino" Tunes are cheaper.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Teching In

LOL Ok you got me. If you look at the pick you know 100% that it is Greg Banish or they must of had alot of tuner ther named Greg Banish that looked the same as he does that worked there at the sametime! Its Greg Banish! You all must love some Greg Banish

Last edited by gothp; 10-07-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to Greg and it was the biggest waste of money! He had a attitude as well and I to have a SI car to. I think all he did was change my rev limit tire size and turn off a code and a dyno run. I paid $550 I drove the car it was the same so I went in and said my light is still on and my speedo is still off I did not get a befor and after dyno sheet. Then he said well I will give it to you for $450. I had to go back two times. rev limiter still was not changed I have HPT now and everything was the same as a stock tune! The 3 thangs I went back for was all that was done. This was at Livernois and it was by gerg! dont waste your money. I went thier after I saw him in a magazine I am a true hater
They had Greg Banish in GMHTP magazine just a few months ago, thats funny.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Theres a local guy around here that HIGHLY recommended me take mine to Vector & have them tune it. They have tuned several of his LS cars.
Steve at Vector tuned my car last year after I did a cam. They get $445 for an LS1 car to have it dynotuned. After several dyno pulls they had mine done in a few hours. I did
have to go back though, my car would stall out a lot. It just needed the idle increased & they were very good about it they didnt charge me the 2nd time. Compared to most shops Vector was very reasonable.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

$650-1K is insanse. I got a full dynotune and street tuning for $450
Old 10-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Launching!

I still find it funny that so many people complain about the cost of a tune and then say "I found it cheaper, and they did 3 pulls on it" if you think ANY car can be tuned in 3 dyno pulls then you deserve what you paid for... My Camaro was tuned by every shop listed in this thread (and some that aren't listed) before I owned it, it was done by 4 shops, After I owned it I tried 2 shops before biting the bullet and Having Livernois tune it (Dan Millen specifically). before Dan tuned it I averaged 15mpg, it bucked so bad I hated driving it. I left the cars for weeks at shops trying to get it done right and always something was blamed to why it wasn't right. MAF, O2's, head gasket, cam sensor, yet even when those items were replaced it did NOTHING to help and I was always given the car back in the same state. Finally I spent the extra money and had Dan tune it... If I would have just paid him to do it in the first place I could have saved myself from spending "less" money on two other tunes...

How quickly/cheaply a tune is done has no bearing on the tuner's ability, actually, in my opinion it shows their lack of ability. taking short cuts, changing as little as possible to make it "ok" not spending the time on driving the car after the WOT is done on the dyno. I have seen cars in Livernois from over 15 states and numerous cars from other countries (and I am not talking about Canada) That to me speaks volumes on their reputation, and quality. When is the last time you saw a car shipped from Kuwait, or the Ukraine, shipped to the other shops in this thread for a tune? or to have work done? How about Texas? Florida? Utah? These are all vehicles I have seen with my own eyes in Livernois' shop, I can't even imagine the other locations cars have come from to them...
Old 10-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Well people are just ignorant if they live in Texas and send their car all the way up to Detroit when some of the best shops in the business are in Houston.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, not a piano for sure.. but a car, anytime, anywhere.. the guy knows what he is doing
LOL, they dont call him Boom Boom Banish for nothing.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And I think I know who you talked to at Livernois. Hes a smart guy, but just doesnt have much in terms of people skills. Call back and ask for Andy or Rick. Livernois has tuned some very fast cars and Millen knows his stuff.

Id also trust Stenod to tune it as well. They tuned my turbo swapped stang and it runs like a bat out of hell. Their tuner knows LS motors inside and out, will tune almost every aspect of the tune, not just adjusting the PE table like Vector does...

Kirk doesnt even tune anymore at Vector, he has some other guy named Steve do it, and from the people I know who Steve has tuned...he doesnt compare to even Kirk.

My recommendation would be Stenod then Livernois. Stenod found alot of little **** wrong with my car that I had no clue was even wrong, it was driving around just fine. Took it in and they found little things i needed to hook up that werent functioning correctly. No more check engine lights!

Quick Reply: who has been tuned by livernoise motorsports??