Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VATS/Alarm problem PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default VATS/Alarm problem PLEASE HELP!

Did a search I couldn't find anything. When I lock the doors on my car and walk away, within 10 seconds, the alarm goes of twice. Every time. This has happened ever since I started using HP Tuners on the car. Also, the alarm will sound at random anytime the doors are locked for a long period of time. Like if I leave the car locked while I'm at work, the alarm will randonly go off just sittin there. I thought I saw a post last year where I need to reset/relearn VATS or reset my alarm. I just can't find that thread now. PLEASE HELP! It's getting really embarassing having the alarm sound everytime I walk away from the car.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99LS6SS
Did a search I couldn't find anything. When I lock the doors on my car and walk away, within 10 seconds, the alarm goes of twice. Every time. This has happened ever since I started using HP Tuners on the car. Also, the alarm will sound at random anytime the doors are locked for a long period of time. Like if I leave the car locked while I'm at work, the alarm will randonly go off just sittin there. I thought I saw a post last year where I need to reset/relearn VATS or reset my alarm. I just can't find that thread now. PLEASE HELP! It's getting really embarassing having the alarm sound everytime I walk away from the car.
Might want to check your alarm sensor at the back. Take it apart and see if the circuit contacts are corroded. Clean them up if they are still salvageable if not, replace or junk it.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks man! Yeah I found that thread a couple of mins after I posted mine. I'll go check it out and see whats going on.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

That would be it! Found water/moisture damage at the bottom of the circuit board. Now just need to find a replacment!