Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TC offering Can support

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Apparently, the newer versions of the OBDII cables (such as Frost's) are CAN capable. The older ones, such as mine (I bought it when they first came out) are NOT CAN ready.

FWIW, John (TC) is hands down the best for customer service after the sale. He's added tables, parameters, switches, etc. virtually overnight almost every time I've asked him. I've had issues on and off with (hex)code errors, single digits out of place on different .bins, and he's always been there to help. Too bad for most people they can't buy the OBDII cable any longer.

Next thing is to get him to do a scanner!!
I use DST and he gives me updates with in 2 hours usually.

Originally Posted by roughneck427
Westers Garage has ECMpro for a scanner works with the TC cable it's a little pricy but it's a good scanner histogram and I log my lc-1 serial into the scanner. Soon I'll upgrade to the enhanced and get more pids with access to airbag and abs modules
Pretty soon you will see another scanning software come onto the scene. It has one issue currently, but soon it will be out and it runs faster than ECMPro.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Cal Editor can you share who the producer is so I can keep an eye out? No sense in wasting another $200
Old 10-30-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto on the scanner software coming out. ECMPro is PCMScan. I am not sure if there is an advantage to just buying a regular PCMScan setup.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be nice to have one that supports (B) codes and mode 6 in can-bus

Quick Reply: TC offering Can support