Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep throwing P0154 and car misses

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 01:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Keep throwing P0154 and car misses

Since installing longtubes, I have always battled O2 sensor codes. First I used vette rears up front and they weren't reading anything. Then I tossed my original fronts back in with extensions but I'm still tossing codes. Lately since it has gotten very cold here, the car seems cold blooded. Dead cold and warmed up it runs fine, but as it is warming up, it wants to misfire right from leaning a stop or very low RPMs like 1600 ish. Car just chugs hard and doesn't really go. Throttle out blows through it, but something is clearly not right. Just did plugs and wires and it seems to have gotten a little better (not as frequent) but it still does it! Reading codes yesterday I had:

I took Maf out and found a bunch of crap on the screen so I cleaned that all off, checked my O2 wires and they all seem fine. I cleared the codes and drove the car down to the Red Wings game last night. It ran okay but still missed a few times. After the trip I only tossed 0154. The car definitely missed a few times, but didn't throw the misfire code. Is a bad O2 sensor the root of my misfiring or would that not cause this? Thanks!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 12-26-2010, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Bump!

Old 12-26-2010, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are all O2 related codes for both sides except for 0300. Do you have a scan tool to monitor the 02 voltage? This will help alot. If you swapped in 02's that are known to be good and still set the DTC you need to look at the wiring.

checked my O2 wires and they all seem fine
I would double check the wiring from the O2 back up to the PCM very closely for burns, chafing or open wires. It's not that unusual to see this on a C5 with LT's because of the cramped engine bay. I would also check to make sure the O2's have a positive connection and make sure there is no fluids on the metal connectors as well.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

It's on a 1998 Trans Am. Will check the wiring before I order new sensors, thanks!

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
Those are all O2 related codes for both sides except for 0300. Do you have a scan tool to monitor the 02 voltage? This will help alot. If you swapped in 02's that are known to be good and still set the DTC you need to look at the wiring.

I would double check the wiring from the O2 back up to the PCM very closely for burns, chafing or open wires. It's not that unusual to see this on a C5 with LT's because of the cramped engine bay. I would also check to make sure the O2's have a positive connection and make sure there is no fluids on the metal connectors as well.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 96 heads cam Impala that is tuned for 93 octane and it sets po132 po152 on some brands of gas.If I fill up and it sets these codes it will set them until that tank of gas is gone,but if I put a bottle of 107 octane booster in it will stop setting them immediately.I tried new ac delco oxygen sensors and it did not help at all.It has long tubes also.I think alot of gas sold as 93 octane gas isn't.It may be the gas your using,try a good octane booster and see if it stops your codes.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by ohio96ss
I have a 96 heads cam Impala that is tuned for 93 octane and it sets po132 po152 on some brands of gas.If I fill up and it sets these codes it will set them until that tank of gas is gone,but if I put a bottle of 107 octane booster in it will stop setting them immediately.I tried new ac delco oxygen sensors and it did not help at all.It has long tubes also.I think alot of gas sold as 93 octane gas isn't.It may be the gas your using,try a good octane booster and see if it stops your codes.
Thanks! I'm not as concerned with the codes as I am with the car mis-firing. Trying to figure out if these codes are causing that miss?

Quick Reply: Keep throwing P0154 and car misses