Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator

Is there any reason that LS1edit could not write over a predator tune?

I have a 99, and after an LS1edit was used over a predator tune, the drivers side bank started misfiring badly, particularly 1,3 and 5.

The coils where replaced along with wires and injectors. It helped for about 5 seconds, and then reappeared. The problem appeared to go away when the computer was flashed with the stock program and then reset using LS1edit.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-15-2004, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

i had the predator tune on my vet and i have no problem tuning over it with edit
Old 02-15-2004, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GMCAMARO
Is there any reason that LS1edit could not write over a predator tune?

I have a 99, and after an LS1edit was used over a predator tune, the drivers side bank started misfiring badly, particularly 1,3 and 5.

The coils where replaced along with wires and injectors. It helped for about 5 seconds, and then reappeared. The problem appeared to go away when the computer was flashed with the stock program and then reset using LS1edit.

Any thoughts?
Put back your stock tune and then install your Edit tune. I may be wrong but I think Edit does not rewrite all the files each time. You may have a conflict. In any case that's what I would try, using the "It can't hurt" rule.