PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

found gen3 timing tuner underdash???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question found gen3 timing tuner underdash???

I just got a 98 TransAm. The person i got this car from tried to put a turbo kit on this car. My goal is to get his car back to semi stock and driveable. I have just spent the last two days rewiring the harness under the hood.I have remoed so many swiches and buttons that it is no where near funny. While removing stuff from the pass side dash i came across a funny looking black box it has two plugs one is a 4pin flat plug that was pluged in to factory harness. The other plug is a 2 pin round plug that was connected to nothing. There is no marking or anythng on this box. I took the 4 screws holding the box together and there is a circut board thay has 4 turn ***** and 4 dipswitches. On the main board is says GEN 3 TIMING TUNER???? Can anyone tell me what this, what this does, is this factory, or anything about what this is. I have a 99TA m6 and i have never seen this box before. any help would be great... Thanks.........
Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry to hear about the wiring mess. The Timing Tuner is definitely not OEM. It's an aftermarket unit designed to splice into crankshaft sensor wiring to reduce timing at WOT and is mostly used by Nitrous users. Here's more details.

http://www.thunderracing.com/shop-by...oller_221.html
Old 03-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

thanks other than it being painted green that looks like it. most of the wireing is done now i got to get the crank sensor harness back to the factory sensor lol