Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DTC'S HP Tuner's ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DTC'S HP Tuner's ?

Hey guys I have HP Tuners and cannot figure out how to remove these dtc's.
[Restraints] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
[Restraints] U1016 - Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM (History) (Immature)
I attempted to disable them but I do not know where to do so. They are not located with the other DTC's

Old 03-08-2011, 05:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Common when reading/flashing the pcm, they will likely go away after a few drive cycles without reading or flashing the pcm.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

I'm thinking you can only remove powertrain codes. The U codes are communication codes I believe. ^there you go.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Oh that's strange. They popped up after I got my transmission back in and haven't found a way to delete them yet. I have re plugged in HPT several times though since then. No reason any of these would prevent lock up is there ? That's my current problem which I thought deleting these may fix.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Oh ok thanks.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The codes are set in the restraints module (AKA SDM or DERM). It has nothing to do with your converter lockup nor can HPT or any other PCM tuning software "delete" them. Since they are both history codes as well, the problem (class 2 comm with the PCM) is currently not happening.

The restraints module communicates with the PCM to monitor things like vehicle speed and throttle position to save them in the event of an airbag deployment (the infamous "black box"). When that communication is interrupted by something, like you reflashing your PCM with HPT, these codes will set as a result. They go to history status as soon as you are done reflashing and the PCM gets back on the class 2 bus.

At first, GM wanted their techs to kill all of the other modules on the class 2 line by ungrounding them before beginning a PCM flash. Later, it was deemed unnecessary as the comm protocols were strengthened to ensure the flash was not interrupted by a polling module. These DTCs are a harmless artifact of that process.

Quick Reply: DTC'S HP Tuner's ?