Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modern Muscle = GREAT customer service

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Modern Muscle = GREAT customer service

Just a little story about some good customer service...

So, I finally got some more stuff done to the car and set up an appointment with Modern Muscle in Oswego, IL (http://www.modern-muscle.com/) to get a re-tune and see what new numbers she puts down. I had just enough time to get out of class early and get my *** up there. (3-ish hour drive)

Long story short, I showed up about 2 hours late for my appointment thanks to a bad starter connection (didn't tighten down the positive enough and rattled loose!). I showed up even later than the tuner was suppose to be leaving to get to the World of Wheels...so I wasn't feeling like to most liked guy around at the time.

Turned out the starter was bad AND the exhaust shop from the previous day didn't tighten the trans mount back up. We had some work to do before any tuning was going to get done...so MM ordered a starter asap...which was the wrong one...but thankfully they had a f-body ls1 mini-starter laying around. They got the trans bolted back tightly too.

Also, after getting a y put together for me the day before the appointment... the header started hitting the k-member. They helped me out and got the k-member out of the way.

So...before the tuner even touched the computer...we are almost at the three hour mark that the tuner was suppose to head out. He stuck around to help out a broke college kid with his Trans Am and jumped on the computer anyway. He did some minor tuning to get the codes cleared and to fix a 3-4 shift issue. We didn't get any numbers...but I wasn't expecting him to stick around much longer anyway. I'll come back and make sure to be there early!

Basically...I was in the the back of the shop most of the time saw them running around and going above and beyond for the customer. I know of a few shops that would have told me to turn around and bring the car back when it was ready.

I'll drive 3 hours anytime for some great customer service!

Last edited by Badger351; 03-09-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW! Looks like there's still a few shops that put the customer first......that's great to hear.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here, i had a great experience with them when they cam'd my cts-v! They are a bunch of good guys at modern muscle.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:49 AM
Teching In

Bump!
Old 03-13-2011, 06:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are a great shop.the did great work on my car and every time I gonupmthere I end up spending all day there shooting the **** with guys and looking at what they are working on. I highly recommend them.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Default Great Shop!

I live 15 minutes from Modern Muscle and I would have to agree that this is a great shop. I have never purchased parts or had them do any work on my car (I try to do 99% of my labor myself), but I have had my car dynoed there twice. The guys are great and I feel that they know ther stuff. And just to let everyone know, they wil be having another Open House on May 21st. They will be doing dyno pulls all day - first come first serve (and at a discount as well). You may want to take advantage of some of the great deals they offer during the Open House, so feel free to talk to someone to get everything scheduled. Just talk to Savi, he'll hook you up.

And how about Free lunch as well - So come hungry!!! I will be there once again.

I don't work for them but I want everyone to come out to support their Open House. There will be some bad azz cars there and the people are great. Let's support the local guys for a change.

Brandon