Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car wont pass all the monitors. need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car wont pass all the monitors. need help

I have a 98 trans-am. got my car smogged yesterday and failed the monitor test, not all monitors had passed. I had erased a check engine light that morning after i had a cat replaced. I drove 60 miles freeway/stop and go traffic before hand. I let the car sit for a couple of hours and and drove it again and still will not pass all the monitors. The two in qustion are the egr and evap monitors.Have put 130 miles on the car so far. My smog test suggested i drive the car from 0-25 stop then 0-35 stop then 0-45 pull over again and shut the vehicle off in order to run the egr. i scanned the vehicle and i still have the two same monitors that havent passed. Any suggestions?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Other than simply suggesting driving it more (drive cycles) there are issues that prohibit test being completed when MIL enablers get turned off.

I don't have EGR but the EVAP was taking a long time for me. I did not have much luck with the driving instructions that were supposed to facilitate I/M readiness. Not that the instructions don't work, it's just that they didn't seem to do it for me. Perhaps I just wasn't doing it right.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

ive put 190 mile on it and these two still wont pass.i did have the car tuned so maybe that might have something to do with it. ill have to talk with my tuner. does anybody know if i can make some kind of adjustments to help me out here with efi live?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you reset any completed monitors when you erased the stored code...