Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with HP Tuners and 2010 Camaro auto

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with HP Tuners and 2010 Camaro auto

First I would like to say thanks for anyone that can help here. I dont mean to sound like a newb. Im just getting back into tuning here been out because sold my car and had some kids. Well I have a friend with a 2010 SS Camaro auto. Now I dont have no idea where to start to get his tranny shifting like I used to get the ls1 f-bodys to shift. I have search and know it can be done but not a clue where to start. Plus there isnt anything in the repository for what I need. I know Im asking a lot and dont want anything for free. Would anyone be willing to share their settings with me on these new trannys.

again thanks
Jerry

PS I posted this over at the forums on hptuner.com and no one has helped
Old 03-17-2011, 10:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's the way the question is asked though... specific questions gets answers. Broad "how do I tune XYZ" questions don't get answered because they'd take a novel's worth of a post. Besides that, you'd have to question any kind of whole trans tune that you get for free given the fact that these trans can be completely destroyed through mis-tuning.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:54 AM
12 Second Club

I've never messed with one before either. Is it no longer just change shift points and increase line pressures?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Frost
It's the way the question is asked though... specific questions gets answers. Broad "how do I tune XYZ" questions don't get answered because they'd take a novel's worth of a post. Besides that, you'd have to question any kind of whole trans tune that you get for free given the fact that these trans can be completely destroyed through mis-tuning.

Thats what Im afraid of is f'n up this guys tranny. And from what it looks like its totally different than the ls1 f-bodies. With all the manual shift settings plus like 3 performance settings.

Is there a way to only adjust say the comp mode to shift like it has a shift kit? and leave the rest stock for daily driving?

I am lost
Old 03-18-2011, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a good part of a recent GM High Tech Article on the 6L80E transmission:
The timing of clutch engagement and disengagement must be very precise in order to prevent internal damage. Even at stock levels properly tuning the 6L80E is critical to transmission longevity. The 6L80E is a clutch-to-clutch unit, which means that unless one clutch engages at exactly the same time that another clutch is disengaging, the transmission will bind up. That's where the electronics and tuning come into play. When GM builds the 6L80E at the factory, it installs a control module directly to the valve body. It houses all the pressure control solenoids, shift solenoids, and the transmission control module in one sealed unit. There are tons of electronic adjustments that can be made to alter clutch pressures and apply times for durability. The factory tune is good until you start putting more power through the trans. Once that happens, the clutches start slipping on initial apply, which messes up the timing.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

thanks for the info sounds like its easier to screw something up lol.

Is there anyone out there willing to share their firmer shift setting with me

Quick Reply: Help with HP Tuners and 2010 Camaro auto