Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-1/16 wideband display

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Default 2-1/16 wideband display

have seen fjo and aem have meters in the 400 buck range, but come with a controller to power the sensor, a sensor and the gauge..

i allready have the sensor, and the sensor is allready powered by my gen7.. all i need is the gauge to display the signal borrowed from the sensor.

i see there is a convertor available to (i think) do this using an autometer a/f gauge here http://www.plxdevices.com/NB_WB_GaugeConv.htm

.... but i would rather have one that displayed ratio in a X:1 format.

the aem and fjo ones do that, and i also see dynojet has one made by autometer that displays the ratio analog http://www.widebandcommander.com/pdf/WBCGuide.pdf

for example this is the fjo

i'd like to do this so i didnt have to keep my laptop running to view the wideband a/f ratio.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm looking to do the EXACT same thing. Here's what I found...

www.dynotune.org

-Mark
Old 02-18-2004, 05:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

as that one says, just like the fjo, dynojet, and aem gauges.. they all require an additional air fuel controller to produce a linear output to the gauge... looks like thats the way it has to be.. which means 400 bux instead of 100.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
as that one says, just like the fjo, dynojet, and aem gauges.. they all require an additional air fuel controller to produce a linear output to the gauge... looks like thats the way it has to be.. which means 400 bux instead of 100.
Maybe I misunderstood what you were looking for, but wouldn't any wideband AF gauge require a controller of some sort? dynotune is developing one that is contained in one unit (Sorta like the turbosmart controller is "self-contained") though it's not out until 3/1, it should be ~ $350 without O2 sensor.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

oh ok, must missed that upcomming release on the link.. yes thats what i'm looking for.. though i was hoping for more than a $50 savings over an external controller...

edit, i see they will be selling a gauge and controller combo for 399 in the future, but nothing self contained for 350.

i can do it allready for 299 (controller) plus 32(adaptor to narrowband gauge) + narrow band gauge i allready have for a total of @ 340.. so id still rather do that than 400 for the same thing, just no digit display.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
oh ok, must missed that upcomming release on the link.. yes thats what i'm looking for.. though i was hoping for more than a $50 savings over an external controller... ill have another look.
It's just a guess on my part. $399 - $50 or so for the sensor. But, yes, I agree it's still expensive. I also hear Innovate is coming out with a permanent mount unit as well - due out anytime now, though details are sketchy.