Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help p0102 code frost tune truck maf 1998 TA

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help p0102 code frost tune truck maf 1998 TA

I recently purchased a 1998 trans am I have done a lot to it since I got it. Ls6 intake , ls6 valley cover , Mti lid, yank ss 3600 convertor. After I completed all upgrades I got a new slp maf sensor for 98-99 ls1 and had frost tune the car. Soon as I got it back the car pops up P0102 code and will clear right away. After talking to slp they said some early 1998 models will not work with any aftermarket maf meter. So I called frost and he said he has never heard of this so I sent the PCM back to him and he programmed it for one of his 5 wire truck maf meters Started it up it drives pretty good but getting same code again on start up every time. I am also using the Casper 5 wire harness. I purchased the aeroforce scan gauge so hopefully someone can help me see what numbers I should be looking for This is starting to really **** me off. All the fuses look good under the hood and on the 5 wire harness one wire going to the maf is 12. V and one of the iat wires has 5v. What next before I blow this sob up!
Old 04-09-2011, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

P0102

Conditions for Running the DTC:
The engine speed is greater than 300 RPM.
The system voltage is at least 8.0 volts.

Conditions for Setting the DTC:
The MAF frequency is less than 10 Hz.
All conditions met for 1 second

You need a scan tool to see what the MAF output is that the PCM is seeing in Hz. Since you say you have 12V on the pink wire it could be an open ground on the black wire or an open signal wire (yellow) between the MAF and the PCM. And if Frost set up the MAF table like a truck MAF you should cut out the resistor SLP added to it. Then it is no different than a truck MAF.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Aeroforce scan gauge in my dash do you know what kind of numbers I should be looking for ? I put the stock one back on and have not had a issue yet!

Quick Reply: Please help p0102 code frost tune truck maf 1998 TA