Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PO327 & PO332 Knock Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PO327 & PO332 Knock Sensors

I installed new LTs and ORY last month. I sent off my PCM to Frost and got it back. The car drives awesome, Frost did great! No codes at first and then after about a day the SES light came on. Knock sensor codes. I deleted them and they didnt come back on for about 20 miles. The car does not seem to be down on power and runs really good. If i delete the codes out they will stay off for anywhere from 10-40 miles. I dunno where to go with this. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 04-18-2011, 08:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm surprised that you don't notice the difference when that code sets... When either KS code sets, the car pulls the max KR amount (-4 deg for an F-body) whenever the car goes into PE/heavy fueling to protect itself.

When many people get those codes they replace the sensors and the pigtails to make sure that they don't have to pull the intake a second time.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but how exactly do we know if its faulty hardware or an actual problem with the engine or tune of the engine??
Old 07-07-2011, 11:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sykokilla
but how exactly do we know if its faulty hardware or an actual problem with the engine or tune of the engine??
You would know if you have the codes listed in this thread.

Low input typically means that the sensor has failed in open fashion (can happen from trapped water around them) or the signal wire back to the PCM is broken along the way. You can trouble shoot down, but if time is a concern then most just replace the sensors and pigtails so that they don't have to go back through removing the intake another time.

This type of failure is most common following an intake swap.

Quick Reply: PO327 & PO332 Knock Sensors