PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can my wideband commander be fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can my wideband commander be fixed?

Ive got a dynojet wideband commander (not the new version).I was out with my tuner the other day trying to dial in my car, well we removed the laptop from the vehicle to view some recordings and when we tried to connect the wideband again it took about 15-20 minutes to connect and start reading again. it connected two more times after that and now it will not connect to my laptop at all. does anybody know if i can have the actuall unit itself looked at or repaired? i dont think its a sensor issue since it was switching just fine, the only problem is getting to connect and display.any and all help appreciated.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:33 AM
On The Tree

You might want to call DynoJet and talk to them. They still make the WB Commander and now also have the WB 2 they are a little different in their capabilities. The guys that work there are pretty nice and definitely helpful.

Have you double checked your wiring.

Is this connected ever to a gauge? Does that read out?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:07 AM
On The Tree

havent double checked my wiring altohugh i should. it is connected to a guage and that is not rading either. it all happened at the same time really.Is the website power commander.com or wideband commander.com? i think the second hasnt been updated for a while and i had emailed them a while ago.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might pull the back cover off the controller box and check all the connections, I had a wire wiggle loose out of the terminal inside and mine quit responding. I just re-seated all the wires, tightened them up and it's been fine since.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

I would try and give them a call rather than emailing them. Double check all wiring sounds like something wiggled loose ^^^^ like stated above. you can access anything from dynojet as far as prodcuts through links from dynojet.com
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

thanks for all the responses. ill double check my connections inside the box and to the box this weeckend.