PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket MAF causing problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket MAF causing problems?

I recently bought this 01' camaro ss off an older fellow earlier in the month and it's been running lean ever since. I figured it was bad gas, or an o2 sensor. Yesterday I contacted him and he said it has an aftermarket MAF on the intake and he said he never tuned it. Would this be giving me 2 random misfire codes and a engine system bank 2 too lean? If so... What kind of Controller do you recommend for someone who has no idea about cars? OR do you recommend just taking it to a tuner shop and having them do it? My budget is $200 bucks.. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:21 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Id swap a stock MAF in to fix it for now.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you by chance getting a P0174 & P0300 code from this? I'm chasing a similar problem. My car does not like the stock MAF that was on it now since I cleaned it with MAF cleaner, I also swapped in a GM 85mm MAF but it hated it even more. Today I'm tryin a a last ditch effort to figure the problem out by swappin in another stock MAF I cleaned with a q-tip & Alcohol. If this doesnt work its getting a SD tune & I'm just gonna ditch the MAF.

Try letting it idle & unplugging the MAF, see what it does. I'm driving mine around right now with mine unplugged b/c if I plug it in it wants to die for some reason & has no *****.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Are you by chance getting a P0174 & P0300 code from this? I'm chasing a similar problem. My car does not like the stock MAF that was on it now since I cleaned it with MAF cleaner, I also swapped in a GM 85mm MAF but it hated it even more. Today I'm tryin a a last ditch effort to figure the problem out by swappin in another stock MAF I cleaned with a q-tip & Alcohol. If this doesnt work its getting a SD tune & I'm just gonna ditch the MAF.

Try letting it idle & unplugging the MAF, see what it does. I'm driving mine around right now with mine unplugged b/c if I plug it in it wants to die for some reason & has no *****.
Im throwing 2 p0300s and a p0174 code. I want to swap the stock MAF on it and make it stock again but Im afraid that one is long gone. I honestly dont even know if thats the problem. this car has been sitting since last august and he said the ses light didnt come on until he decided to get it out. I think hes leaving parts of the story out that are critical and I cant exactly force it out of him. The car runs fine.. definetly running strong. but It has kind of a Carb feel to it because it takes a second to quit missing once you get on it.