Sponsored by:

P0135 - bank 1 heater circuit

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0135 - bank 1 heater circuit

Anyone know what to look for here.

Scenario: (could be totally random) Both days frost was heavy on windows, so i left the car warm up (yes i know its bad) for 10 minutes, temps below freezing, both times the EPA/SES codes threw, when i cleared them today i let the car come up to open loop, the o2 sensors were slightly (.030 mv) off which i figure is just age/etc, then they both begin sweeping with identical peaks/ridges, so i'm gonna go out on a line and say they are probably warming up fine, otherwise i'd see one lag in efilive logs.

However, now i got two readiness not set codes (whats the time frame on these two objects), and i'm just wondering if it might be a side effect of headers or a problem (where to look?).

The same winter scenario if i warm up to 100F then drive carefully, maybe 20 days in a row, no P135.

Anyone got any words of wisdom. Always Bank 1 (front obviously, i got pacesetter/ORY). Car is edited of course for the lack of cats/rear o2's.

Anyone see this before? I can log a cold startup if efilivev6.3 if someone wants to take a peak?

i dont think the o2's are bad otherwise i'd see this code more than 2 out of 60 days huh? Or perhaps P0135 EPA is only tested so often and is only checked so often? I drive about hmm 2 miles to work and back, maybe 50 on the weekend max.

any wisdom appreciated greatly.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

That code is for the preheat on the sensor. It is not coming to temperature fast enough. There are heaters IN the sencors.

My car started throwing that code after a header install. I only got it on one sensor and it was a rear. The cats\02s get moved back in the exhaust system with headers. They will not get hot as fast.

My feeling was it was a marginal sensor which fell out of tolerance after I moved it. I swapped sensors and the code moved to the other side. Replaced it and I have not had a problem since.

FWIW,
SSN8R
Old 02-25-2004, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

alright well it hasn't come back since the cold weather has gone. Did the code come often on your car? Or was it one of those every 100 mile tests (EPA)?

It's been a week since i cleared it and no code since then. It was uber cold both mornings. I'll keep my eye out on the o2 sensor logs in efilive to see if either start sagging during idling (when egt's are lowest). That will key me in as to whether the heater is indeed broken.

this never happened till the headers went in, so i'm gonna guess it has to do with the headers and an old o2 sensor *70K* lol.

how cheap can i get them for new? Someone was mentioning aftermarket bosch aren't as good as the acdelco? whats your thoughts. Might as well do both at the same time and keep things balanced.