Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM Electrical Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM Electrical Question

I have a 99 Vortec 5.3 in a 92 Chevy C1500. I'm in the process of wiring the new engine computer into the truck. I have the SES light in the factory cluster working with the new computer, and I have the ignition working the PCM to turn on the fuel pump relay for 2 seconds. What I can't figure out is that I have all 4 PCM grounds to a solid ground, both orange constant (battery) power wires running straight to battery, and the 2 pink "key" hot wires that run to ignition switch, and I have the new ODB2 port wired to the computer correctly, but when I try and scan the codes with a Snapon ODB2 scanner and K9 key, it tells me that it can't communicate. I know for certain that the OBD2 port is wired correctly because there are 4 wires, 2 of which are ground, one is battery hot, and one is serial data which comes from pin 58 from the blue connector on the PCM harness. Grounds are pin 4 and 5 on the OBD2 connector, pin 2 is serial data on connector to pin 58 on blue PCM connector, and pin 16 on OBD2 connector is battery hot. Can anyone chime in on possible solutions? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a fuse to the obd port? have you checked the port with a test light. If those are good i'd try a different scanner.