PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New DiabloSport Trinity Update! 1999 - 2006 vehicles now supported!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default New DiabloSport Trinity Update! 1999 - 2006 vehicles now supported!

New update released today for the DiabloSport Trinity - it now supports class2 GM vehicles!

1999 - 2006 vehicles that were supported by the 7192, 7193, 7198 predator are now supported by the Trinity!

http://diablosport.com/index.php?mod...isplay&pid=151

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Really looking forward to this! Will have one on my car very soon.

For the guys that do not know. Diablo has stepped up there game. This is very capable unit. There are some very unique feature and capability's offered through the trinity and the predator.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the kind words Graham!!

As mentioned, this allows our Trinity flash tuner/monitor/performance gauge to work in all 99-up GM applications that we support. This means Trinty now supports F-body's, C5s, gen1 V's, LS1 GTOs, etc.; in addition to the CAN applications that were already supported!

For anyone not familiar:

Supports custom tuning from our CMR software
Can hold up to 8 custom tunes
Datalogs for hours with no laptop needed
LEDs can be used to set individual gauge alarms and as a shift light
SD card support for log or tune upload/downloading
2 0-5V analog inputs for Wideband, EGT, etc.
Virtual Dragstrip built in
Customizable gauge layouts

...and lots more.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice. I may consider swapping to this one.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm sorry to post this, but I tried the newest update and apparently bricked the PCM. I realize it's late and on the weekend, but this is the only other method of communication other than email. Please advise Diablo, pm me or whatever
Old 05-07-2011, 08:21 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

so you have a trinity? was it already on the 1r08a or 1r08b update first? then the new update loaded into it ok, right? then you went through and re-selected the correct vehicle you were going to use it on? what vehicle were you trying to use it on?

when you tried to install a tune, did it save a copy of the original backup ok? then when it went to install the tune, did you get any error message??

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 05-07-2011, 12:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nemesis, I will assure you nothing is bricked. Please shoot me an email at mlitsch@diablosport.com and we'll get it sorted out.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2011, 09:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i really don't understand what this does...can i go in and change timing and fuel curves?

what if i have different injectors and MAF that was calibrated by my tuner hptuners? would i be able to fine tune his dyno tune with?
Old 05-08-2011, 11:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

the trinity is a handheld programmer... it comes with preset tunes on it, such as a 91 octane performance tune, a 93 octane performance tune, also a "factory hp tune" that lets you make changes to the current tune on your pcm without installing one of the diablo performance tunes...

you can also monitor a ton of different parameters, record data logs, etc etc...

yes you can change timing, fueling, etc... here's a list of things you're able to adjust:

Timing Table 1000-1800rpm (+/- 20%)
#
Timing Table 2000-4000rpm (+/- 20%)
#
Timing Table 4000-7000rpm (+/- 20%)
#
Fuel Table 2000-4000rpm (+/- 20%)
#
Fuel Table 4000-7000rpm (+/- 20%)
#
Idle (+ 500rpm / -300rpm)
#
Speed Limiters
#
Rev Limiters
#
RPM Shift Points
#
MPH Up and Downshifts
#
Shift Timing
#
Shift Pressure
#
Cooling Fan ON and OFF temperatures
#
Re-Calibrate Speedometer for Gear and Tire Size Changes
#
Torque Management abuse mode time limit ON/OFF
#
% torque reduction vs. RPM ON/OFF
#
Upshift torque reduction (all gears) ON/OFF
#
Adjust for different injector size
#
Adjust COT enable temperature

Old 05-09-2011, 09:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
so you have a trinity? was it already on the 1r08a or 1r08b update first? then the new update loaded into it ok, right? then you went through and re-selected the correct vehicle you were going to use it on? what vehicle were you trying to use it on?

when you tried to install a tune, did it save a copy of the original backup ok? then when it went to install the tune, did you get any error message??
Sorry for the late response. I was out of town, then found out a friend of mine died...

Anyways. Yes i have a trinity, have used it successfully numerous times on my srt4 (which is great by the way). I don't remember which it updated from to whatever newest stuff you have going now. But yes to all your questions, everything confirmed, no errors, including trying to reload the original backup.

It's a 2000 ws6 6speed, tune had been modified previously by an unknown source (original owner) for gear ratios, rear 02 delete, maybe fuel and spark...

I've been going back and forth anyways with the tech support by email, so you don't have to troubleshoot here on the forum, i'll just keep tabs here on how diablo works with me on this. All i'll say so far is that i didn't appreciate one tech IMPLYING that the situation is my fault for using their products (in not so few words), which is a pretty shitty thing to tell a customer.

Please note that i otherwise very much enjoy diablo products... just not have a great experience with their latest gm updates with the trinity.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Nemesis, I will assure you nothing is bricked. Please shoot me an email at mlitsch@diablosport.com and we'll get it sorted out.

Thanks
Mike you are already one of the techs that have replied to the support emails. I sent another reply already, ... after hours... So we'll just pick it up from there tomorrow.

Thanks for checking here and offering your assistance.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

Here's an update on what going on with my situation, in case anyone else has issues, or even cares lol. Anyways, link to Diablo forum below; i unintentionally hijacked a guy thread about having the same issues with his 2001 z06.

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...=170612#170612
Old 05-19-2011, 01:16 PM
11 Second Club

So Diablo emails me a call tag on Monday (should have been Friday, they blamed UPS) to have my bricked PCM and trinity sent to them. They originally told me it would be overnighted. After i send the damn thing, i find out it's GROUND service from TX to FL, 4 business days. ... Fine.

Today they get it, they tell me that when i get it back it will have the STOCK tune, not the tune that was ON it before their trinity bricked it (even tho they have a copy of that tune because they originally tried to blame it for my car not starting and therefore asked me to send it so they could check it; not the problem) I doubt my car will run with a stock *** tune PCM, since i have a plethora of changes to the car. I'm still waiting to here back from Diablo about this issue, but i'm extremely unsatisfied with all these problems going on and their apparent lack of urgency in getting their customer's vehicle back on the road... RUNNING AT LEAST HOW IT WAS BEFORE.

By the way, the other guy with the z06 got his pcm back without a hitch, got the car running... and then BRICKS his PCM again after trying the diablo tune through his trinity once more. This, of course, is apparently after Diablo tells him their shouldn't be an issue after making all of the necessary updates.

Please bare in mind, i originally had ZERO issues with diablo products before this incident happened. I'm still not yet discouraging anyone from using their products or services, being that i've very much enjoyed the trinity on another vehicle. I'm only posting these issues in correlation with what i'm experiencing currently with Diablo's latest GM update (which apparently they've taken down from their website), as well as their quality control and customer satisfaction in regards to tech support.

Quick Reply: New DiabloSport Trinity Update! 1999 - 2006 vehicles now supported!