PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle follower decay question

Old 05-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throttle follower decay question

If i want the engine to return to idle quicker from say a 3000rpm rev i should add values to the follower decay table correct, so if i subtracted from the numerical values the car would rev down slower? just seems that when i rev from idle its responsive but slowly comes back down. Also on a M6 car, when the clutch is pressed in the car goes into "in gear" correct, and "neutral" is clutch depressed correct? using HPT.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2011, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueStreak362
If i want the engine to return to idle quicker from say a 3000rpm rev i should add values to the follower decay table correct, so if i subtracted from the numerical values the car would rev down slower? just seems that when i rev from idle its responsive but slowly comes back down. Also on a M6 car, when the clutch is pressed in the car goes into "in gear" correct, and "neutral" is clutch depressed correct? using HPT.

Thanks
Yes - increase values in the decay to reduce throttle follower faster. And, I believe when the clutch switch is engaged (clutch on the floor), the P/N follower table is referenced. When it is disengaged (clutch pedal up), it should refer to the In Gear tables.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Throttle follower decay question