PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI Live questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok - here's some stuff to try. There were some things I changed/left alone based on some assumptions:

1) Stock injectors (28.8 lb)
2) No EGR
3) No AIR pump
4) EVAP still hooked up
5) No cats
6) Front O2 sensors still good
7) Stock 3.42 gear ratio still
8) No significant change in compression ratio
9) Stock displacement

You can do a compare to the stock file you provided by opening this tune file first, then hitting Ctrl+F11. Once it's loaded, hit the red left/right arrows at the top to display the list of all differences. The fueling should be close for the Torquer cam. Keep an eye on the scanner for knock retard and crazy fuel trims. A WBO2 is a very wise investment and I wouldn't advise rompin' on the car too much until you're able to get one hooked up.
Attached Files
File Type: tun
SSpdDmon.tun (469.0 KB, 149 views)
Old 06-05-2011, 10:45 AM

I believe that even if his tuning came from someone else's, he should still be able to use the tuning on his own.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kevindglenn
I believe that even if his tuning came from someone else's, he should still be able to use the tuning on his own.
not 100% sure about 1 3 or 5. cant wait to take a look at this and start playing around with it tomorrow. ill let you know how things go. looking up WBO2 now..
Old 06-05-2011, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kevindglenn
It's not his software, it's his friend's....and the dude is used to tuning other platforms. They can spend half the summer trying to figure it out or I can get 'em going in the right direction with a strong base file for them to dial in the rest. I'm just trying to be a nice guy...

I won't stand in their way if they want to read and learn more about how to tune. But, if I have a little info that can help them out and feel like sharing it - it's well within my right to do so...thanks!

Originally Posted by hixwv
not 100% sure about 1 3 or 5. cant wait to take a look at this and start playing around with it tomorrow. ill let you know how things go. looking up WBO2 now..
Well - #1 is super important. Find out what injectors you have before you flash the car. WBO2 = wide band oxygen sensor. Check out Innovate's website. I run an LM1, which may have been replaced by an LM2 now.

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 06-05-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

it was late last night when i posted that haha. It has the stock injectors and the cats are there but may be gutted. the SES light is not on so im guess most of the emmissions system is up and running? i think the EGR may have been bypassed. laptop will be here in a few hours, cant wait
Old 07-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

I think I may have gotten some bad gas. Everything was fine, I filled up and drove 5 miles to my house. Later when I left somebody said they could smell gas as I left. And the last few nights its been cranking more and more before it starts. turning over three or four times. But only after it cools off. It always hit and started on the first crank before that fill up.

any ideas?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hixwv
I think I may have gotten some bad gas. Everything was fine, I filled up and drove 5 miles to my house. Later when I left somebody said they could smell gas as I left. And the last few nights its been cranking more and more before it starts. turning over three or four times. But only after it cools off. It always hit and started on the first crank before that fill up.

any ideas?
EVAP system? What tune did you end up flashing in the car?