Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

libgenfelter launch controller issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default libgenfelter launch controller issues

Dunno where to post this....dunno what tye hell happened but AOL of a sudden my launch conyroller will engage in 1st 2nd and 4th for some reason when all ive had it wired for was to engage when the clutch is pressed and tyats it! Now it'll come one in those gears at 2200 and I'm not even stepping on the clutch!! If I disconnect the yellow activation wire the car goes back to stock
Old 05-28-2011, 07:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You have to put in a micro switch on the shifter to indicate when it's in 1st gear only. Wire that to work with the clutch. So when it's out of first gear the controller is off.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
You have to put in a micro switch on the shifter to indicate when it's in 1st gear only. Wire that to work with the clutch. So when it's out of first gear the controller is off.
Ya I know to do that so its only active when I'm launching but what I don't understand is why its worked fine for over a year now the way I have it wired? It's simply just wired into my clutch switch so it will only be active when the clutch is pressed. But now all of a sudden it comes on as a rev limiter at 2200 even without me pressing the clutch and only in certain gears which is confusing me? Could something have shorted out inside the controller? It may have gotten wet last tine i washed my car...

Last edited by C Murda; 05-29-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

problem solved!... thought it was maybe the relay so switched that and still same issues... started looking into my clutch switch and noticed if i let off the clutch slowly (like to start moving in 1st gear) the switch would get jammed and not come all the way out causing the controller to stay engaged. opened up the switch and one of the springs to push it back was broken...jerry rigged half the broken spring and a spring from a pen and there ya go fixed!! haha its only my temp fix till i gen get the correct spring hopefully from GM or a new switch all together...but at least the car and everything works like before
Old 06-05-2011, 08:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by C Murda
Ya I know to do that so its only active when I'm launching but what I don't understand is why its worked fine for over a year now the way I have it wired? It's simply just wired into my clutch switch so it will only be active when the clutch is pressed. But now all of a sudden it comes on as a rev limiter at 2200 even without me pressing the clutch and only in certain gears which is confusing me? Could something have shorted out inside the controller? It may have gotten wet last tine i washed my car...
You should of explained yourself better on the first post.

If you said for a year it was fine,now it's screwed. My answer would be something went bad or is not working right- as you found.