Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autometer Tach wire 98TA with 99+ pcm swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autometer Tach wire 98TA with 99+ pcm swap

Myself and a friend of mine who is my insatller have been going over wiring diagrams and trying to trace wires off and on for about a week now trying to find the tach output wire. My stock tach doesnt work one of the previous owners did the pcm swap and I didnt find out about it untill I started trying to figure out why the fuel guage doesnt work.

Any thoughts on how to wire this tach up? I dont really want to have to buy Autometers tach control modual that splices into the injector wiring
Old 05-31-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stock tach should work fine, you need to find the correct wire and put it in the correct spot. I did the swap and it worked fine.

it is a white wire, you can back probe from the C105 connector (8 pin connector passenger shock tower Pin G is the tach wire on the engine harness side (female) ) to find the wire. Put that to the tach pin of the ECM (Red, C2, Pin #10, 99-02 ECM, Blue 35 on 98 ECM)

Hope this helps

Ryan
Old 05-31-2011, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suck at wiringIll run it by my buddy and see what he can find it. He a very good GM and ASE certified tech but the PCM swap and re pinning of the harness is throwing him off cuz he cant match anything up with a diagram.

Thanks very much for the info