PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST to LS6 Intake Swap, tune ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FAST to LS6 Intake Swap, tune ????

I recently bought another camaro as a DD. Well the car I bought has a Fast 90/90 setup and my car I run at the track(car in my sig) still has a stock LS6 with stock ported TB. Both cars have recently been tuned so I have a good bit of money tied up in each tuning wise...

My question is this: Can I swap just intakes without having to retune both cars? I am not touching the injectors, just intake and TB.

FYI - Looking back i wish i had waited to get my new DD tuned but at the time I wasn't wanting to go any faster in my silver car. Then after watching a few races and reading a few new articles I now want to go 9.6 or better. Hind sight is always 20/20....

Thanks in advance!
Andy
Old 06-13-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

It will affect your AFR's if you swap intakes - mostly in the upper RPM regions I believe (where the FAST shines over the LS6). That, and I think some tuners add timing in down low for the FAST intakes, which may be a bit much for an LS6 intake.

You can make the swap and observe the changes on a WBO2 and a scanner (to look for KR) to see what the effect is for free (assuming you or a friend has a WBO2 & scanner handy). But, I'm willing to bet there's going to be a bit of a difference. Either way, a tuner usually won't charge the full amount to retune for a minor change like that - especially if you're not hoping back on the dyno.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:56 AM
9 Second Club

Thanks for the reply. I tune myself with EFI live but just on the nitrous side. I have the scan tool with EFI live so I can scan for KR but no WB. However I do have a good relationship with my tuner so maybe I won't be too much. I think I'm going to make the swap either way because I really think my LS6 intake is becoming a bottleneck above a 250 shot.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Carter01
Thanks for the reply. I tune myself with EFI live but just on the nitrous side. I have the scan tool with EFI live so I can scan for KR but no WB. However I do have a good relationship with my tuner so maybe I won't be too much. I think I'm going to make the swap either way because I really think my LS6 intake is becoming a bottleneck above a 250 shot.
You're running over 200hp of N2O through the motor and not watching AFRs??? Risky stuff man....risky stuff...
Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
You're running over 200hp of N2O through the motor and not watching AFRs??? Risky stuff man....risky stuff...
Only reading plugs, fresh set on the line, make a pass, kill it at the stripe, pull plugs at the turnoff then adjust fuel and timing. Wide bands are great tuning tools but are very inconsistent and don't tell the whole story IMO of course...

Thanks for your help!