PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

My car won't start...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004 | 06:57 PM
ENT
Teching In

Default My car won't start...

Somebody help me out here. The SES light started flashing a couple weeks ago. The car was running rough and idled like it had a lope from a cam. It also idled higher than normally temporarily after revving the enginge, maybe 1100-1200 rpms before dropping down to normal. I decided to park it and decide on autotap or something else to make sure I fixed what was wrong the first time rather than guessing. Now i went out today to start it, and whenever I turn the key, all it does it click. All the electrical works, it just won't start. Any ideas? I would really rather spend the money on long tubes but if if I can't difure this out, it looks like I'll have to buy diagnostic stuff.
Old 02-28-2004 | 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

any codes? does it turn over at all? you said it just clicks.
Old 02-29-2004 | 01:36 AM
ENT
Teching In

It doesn't turn over at all. I don't know what code it was throwing.
Old 02-29-2004 | 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ENT
It doesn't turn over at all. I don't know what code it was throwing.
As long as you didn't reset it, you should still be able to pull codes with just the ignition switch on... I guess if you can't get to Autozone for a free scan, you could always buy the cheapo $30 code reader.
Old 03-01-2004 | 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

You've got a bad misfire. Probable a bad plug or two and or wire. If it has been sitting for a little while maybe your battery is to low to turn over the engine.
Old 03-02-2004 | 11:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

agreed strokedls1!!! I guess a plug/wire problem. Start my making sure all the wires are completely on the coils and plugs all the way. obviously charge the battery and see what happens. a year ago my car was running like **** until I did the pcv mod with an air dryer.