Sponsored by:

untuned for a year

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default untuned for a year

Hey guy's i've just got a 402 installed in my car less than a month ago i'd say, its been on the dyno one time just to get it to a point where i can drive it and put miles on it. well the tuner i've been currently going to is always busy or the dyno's...etc!!! So i highly dont think it'll be tuned be the time i ship my car home.
I'm currently getting deployed to Afghanistan next month, and i wont be able to come home and get it tuned for a little a year. my question's are how bad will it affect my motor? could having my parents start it for 20 minutes a month harm it? and when i get back would it be safe to tune after its been sitting that long with less than 3000 miles on it? please give me any input i'd be pretty shitty if i have to go out and buy a new motor because this one crapped out after the amount of time i waited on it.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

as long as you use fuel stabilizer you should be fine. If it is tuned so it is atleast drivable, then you should not have any problems if they start and idle it a few times a month.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thats what i was wondering about because the car will drive, when it gets extremely hot outside it will start to bog down alittle. but when i get home i plan on driving it for a few hundred miles to get her legs stretched out then having someone tune it. well after i put some more goodies on it atleast
Old 07-16-2011, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

will a fuel stabilizer harm a new motor tho?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Did you tell your tuner your being deployed and would like to get the car finished before leaving? He should make a spot in his schedule for you ASAP.

Be Safe and thanks for protecting our country.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

its a middle man thing im going through this shop to get the tune, i think while im home ill be taking it to speedinc because i plan on running a custom cam through them. if anyone has any more input that would be great

thanks for the support