PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to tuning, 97 lt1, 24x efic. users unite!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 10:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to tuning, 97 lt1, 24x efic. users unite!

Im new to hptuners and tuning and figured id start posting in here. Ive been saving as many help sites and everything as i can find and am trying to read up best i i can.

Currently i have a 97 z28 6speed , full bolt ons, cam, etc running on a eficonnection 24x swap. All seems good, but info is scarce to say the least on tuning for this.

The question i have right now is that the car needs the crank learn variation done, which seems easy enough. However the misfire tables appear to have been re worked, but they are not something im familair with yet.

How much different do the tables differ between ls1 vs lt1?

Min and max ect for misfire detection is set at 284*F, I assume this means its not going anything right now anyways. Id like this changed as i do believe the car has a slight miss and would to confirm it.

Wideband is opening getting installed today, so any advise or push in the right direction would be appreciated. thanks
Old 07-16-2011, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

With a cam (depending on how big, lope) reliable misfire detection is problematic at low and medium rpms. That is why it is usually disabled on cam tunes. False misfires will keep converters from locking on auto cars which is another reason to disable it or desensitize it to the point of it not being reliable.

Quick Reply: New to tuning, 97 lt1, 24x efic. users unite!