Sponsored by:

PCM Issue/Question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PCM Issue/Question?

Guys,

As most of you know I've been chasing some false knock issues on my car. I have removed the delteq ignition and gone back to stock with a MSD blaster coil and the car seems to run much smoother, however my PCM is still picking up knock (only at idle -950 rpm -1500rpm) and pulling upto 12 deg timing. Here's what I've checked:

KS (new and properly tq'd added some tef tape later to try and desentize it as well)nothing loose - motor mounts, exhaust, alternator, etc...
y pipe and headers not hitting anything (clear of everything)
no loose rockers
LT4 KM installed for several years
ZERO exhaust leaks from CAT forward
ZERO vaccum leaks
Still present with 100+ octane
Injectors flow checked and cleaned
Fuel pressure fine and new pump

The weird part is the PCM won't pickup false knock until the car is warmed up and goes into closed loop. Once that happens the PCM will randomly pick up knock and pull upto 12 deg timing and you can feel the car changing timing and then it will go away and come again randomly. One other thing, is using DataMaster to log the car I am getting "DATA ERR" flashing erratically in the "DATA OK" status indicator up top. I have read this is usally due to noise in the line from a bad gound but all my grounds check out perfectly. Could this be an indication that my PCM has issues? I am trying to see if they two may be linked some how, as I have been chasing this one like crazy.