PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Bank 2 50% More Fuel Then Bank 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Bank 2 50% More Fuel Then Bank 1

What can cause bank 2 to show an injector pulse almost double the bank 1 pulse and the bank 2 showing 50% fuel being added.....car is an 07 Z06 with a Varraram Intake...Full LG Exhaust and LG G7X5 Cam....so far from my quick research ive been told it could be a vaccuum leak, an exhaust leak,bad ground interfering with signal etc etc...I also found out the original tuner of the car had sooo many things turned off to prevent codes from showing up, anyway friend of mine that knows a little something about tuning hooked up his HP tuners and was able to see this real time...start the car up and i am not sure what mode his hp tuners was in but it was the screen that showed long term trim and short term trim aswell as injector pulse etc etc....bank 1 read perfectly normal while bank 2 showed a pulse almost 2 times that of bank 1 and the fuel trim i beleive was fluctuating between 48-51%....he said it could be a leak in the exhaust close to the 02, could be a vaccuum leak...could be a number of things.....he actually turned on several of the features that were turned off and said ill get codes once i drive away and witin a mile the check engine light came on....i managed to drive 30 miles and get almost to my garage but a few blocks before i got their the car went into "reduced engine power mode" and would barely give me any power to crawl along the few blocks i need to get to park the car...anyway i used the sct3 handheld that is for my mustang to read codes and the codes were P0068 and P0106.....in thinkming about things the extra fuel means the car thinks bank 2 is lean...its not throwing an 02 sensor code so im assuming the 02 is working properly and doing its job sensing a lean condition in bank 2 and compensating with 50% more fuel.....im not a tuner and i have no clue how to remedy the situation....from what info i gathered on the 2 codes P0068 is map/maf throttle position corellation and P0106 is manifold absolute pressure/baro sensor range/performance......would any of these 2 codes result in the 50% fuel being added to bank 2? anyone had this before??? what was the solution/outcome......also he said that normally once the fuel percentage reached a certain level it would trip a code so im wondering if either of the codes i mentioned have anything to do with the extra fuel on the 1 bank.....i basically have the end result so what i wanna do is back track and know the cause like a crime scene investigation...lol not getting any other codes but those 2 which he did say were previously disabled so they couldnt throw a code/check engine light....so im thinking the original tuner didnt want to deal with the extra fuel on the one side bank 2 and bypassed the computers ability to throw a code if that makes any sense i dont know.....car never went into reduced engine power mode before i am assuming because the feature that would show this code was off and for all i know the car has been running on 50% more fuel in bank 2 since ive owned it.....anyway im now trying to chase the fix down for this...i am about to bring it to a capable tuner in my area and i wanna be able to give him as much info as possible....can the 50% extra fuel be tuned out? is their anything he needs to adjust in any tables that would bring this down to proper level which id think is witin a few percentage points from bank to bank? so far ive read it could be anything from a bad vaccuum line, a leak in the exhaust,dirty maf, interupted ground or map/maf signal....anyway any help with this would be greatly appreciated.....thx in advance!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My eyes are sore !!
Did you try going back to a stock tune and check how the car works?
You didn't say if engine is stock or was modified.

Go back to the basics, try a stock tune and fix all the problems the PCM reports before you get it tuned, it'll save you a lot of time and money
Old 08-11-2011, 07:01 AM

Default re

Originally Posted by MontecarloDrag
My eyes are sore !!
Did you try going back to a stock tune and check how the car works?
You didn't say if engine is stock or was modified.

Go back to the basics, try a stock tune and fix all the problems the PCM reports before you get it tuned, it'll save you a lot of time and money
car is cammed LG G7X5 Cam,Vararam Intake,LG LT Headers + OR XPipe,Corsas.....car made 527whp and 470wtq....
Old 08-11-2011, 07:26 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, I couldn't read through all that.

Check you O2 sensor on that side. Only reason for the trims to go +50% is for the O2 to not be moving. I would imagine it's unplugged, or the harness is burnt, or bad connection or something. If the sensor voltage on your scanner is 450mv +/-, it's unpugged or a bad connection. If the O2 voltage on your scanner is close to zero, it's a burnt harness and the signal wire is grounded. Either way, the O2 isn't moving, and the trims are trying to force it to.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Sorry, I couldn't read through all that.

Check you O2 sensor on that side. Only reason for the trims to go +50% is for the O2 to not be moving. I would imagine it's unplugged, or the harness is burnt, or bad connection or something. If the sensor voltage on your scanner is 450mv +/-, it's unpugged or a bad connection. If the O2 voltage on your scanner is close to zero, it's a burnt harness and the signal wire is grounded. Either way, the O2 isn't moving, and the trims are trying to force it to.
that makes sense i will have to look into that....would that not trip an o2 sensor code though? would what your describing fall under either the 0068 and the 0106 codes i mentioned im getting? thx for the input much appreciated..i will have the O2 wiring checked out aswell as checking the sensor itself...it was sugestes to simply switch left sensor tonright and vice versa to see if the pro lem changes banks....id think if it does its the sensor and if not then it could be the harness like your saying on the bank 2 side....anyway thx i will look into it forsure!....sorry bout the rambling original post i just had alot going through my head and couldnt stop typing!...lol

Quick Reply: Help! Bank 2 50% More Fuel Then Bank 1