Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Several Codes and High Idle

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several Codes and High Idle

I usually run 91 octane gasoline from bp or quicktrip in my car, due to my recent relocation, there are no quicktrips or bp's around here so i have been running 89 from caseys. I was on my way to the big city and decided to top off my tank at a bp i crossed, thus mixing the gas. I didnt think much about it. Shortly thereafter my cel came on with codes P0171, P0172, P0300, and a couple others. the codes translate to bank 1 O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction, bank 1 O2 sensor system too lean, Bank 2 O2 sensor system too lean, random misfire, and then another system too lean code. This is accompanied by a high idle. Other than the idle issue, the engine runs fine. It is not missing or skipping a beat. I have been chasing an idle issue for quite some time now, but i have never had a problem with if giving me codes. I have checked for vaccum leaks, TPS, throttle body idle position, MAF sensor, nothing seems to fix the idle issue. Not sure if the fuel issue is related but that seemed to be waht triggered the codes. The mods i have are as follows: Patriot heads, howards cam, FAST 92mm intake and TB, longtube headers, no cats, 42# injectors. I had it mail order tuned and the rear o2 sensors were tuned out. Any help on either of these issues would be greatly appreciated. I will also be switching out bank 1 O2 sensor today to see if that resolves any issues. Thanks guys!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

changed bank 1 sensor, reset the codes, the only code that came back was the bank 1 sensor heater circuit malfunction. Any advice please