PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF is up with this 2001 camaro speed density

Old 08-13-2011, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTF is up with this 2001 camaro speed density

Going speed density on a 2001 camaro...So i set MAF fail frequency to zero, then deleted codes.. With fail frequency to zero car ran great UNTIL we unplugged the maf... Now the computer should have ignored the maf with the fail freq at 0 correct? MAF error codes did show up until i deleted them with a reflash.

I then put an old tune back into the car with normal maf freq and codes and it runs fine with maf unplugged.

So WTF is going on here... I have compared both files and the only differences are some timing i added, idle air changes, fail freq and the codes. That appears to be it.... how can this happen?? The car on the modded tune runs so lean at idle its off of the widebands range (its not the idle air either very minor changes to help new cam idol 1.5 g/sec across the board). The car with the other tune would go so lean that if you tried to rev it it would die. Now funny thing is i was sitting there watching injectors and as the car was leaning out and dieing the injectors were supposedly opening and read as high as 6ms at idle. Didnt save logs unfortunetly. But injectors went up as car leaned out. Doesnt make any sense....

seriously wtf....
Old 08-13-2011, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
Going speed density on a 2001 camaro...So i set MAF fail frequency to zero, then deleted codes.. With fail frequency to zero car ran great UNTIL we unplugged the maf... Now the computer should have ignored the maf with the fail freq at 0 correct? MAF error codes did show up until i deleted them with a reflash.

I then put an old tune back into the car with normal maf freq and codes and it runs fine with maf unplugged.

So WTF is going on here... I have compared both files and the only differences are some timing i added, idle air changes, fail freq and the codes. That appears to be it.... how can this happen?? The car on the modded tune runs so lean at idle its off of the widebands range (its not the idle air either very minor changes to help new cam idol 1.5 g/sec across the board). The car with the other tune would go so lean that if you tried to rev it it would die. Now funny thing is i was sitting there watching injectors and as the car was leaning out and dieing the injectors were supposedly opening and read as high as 6ms at idle. Didnt save logs unfortunetly. But injectors went up as car leaned out. Doesnt make any sense....

seriously wtf....
You can't delete all the codes you need a P0102 or P0103 code set for the PCM to run in SD mode. Still Passes inspection with 1 code.
Set the p0101 to 2-no mil light
p0102 to 0-mil on first Error
p0103 to 3- no Error reported in the DTC'S.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

figured it was something stupid i did or forgot! that rings a bell now... thanks a lot man! im running a custom hp tuners OS and it has been like 3 years since i set my stock os in my car to speed density.. lol forgot that little tidbit!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTF is up with this 2001 camaro speed density