Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners is now accepting orders.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Magnus,
Caddy Northstar and Aurora motors when you get a chance.... Please....

I too like the fact there are more an more companies coming with software...

Tunercat - Great guy
HP Tuners
EFI Solutions is working on GM stuff
EFI Live guys
and Carputing.

I honestly wouldn't expect to see too many more Carputing products, and here is why....
Ken Kelly who wrote the software is a retired Bell Labs engineer. Figure if he sold just 50 unlimited license LS1/LS1 truck cables (I know I bought 1 of each) that is almost $500,000. Add to that at least maybe 1000 LS1 edit orders at $550 for another $500,000 and then the LT1 OBD1 and OBD2 stuff made maybe another $250,000 (I bet these numbers are on the small side, but I could be wrong) that is 1.25 Mil. If you split that even with your partner and make $625,000. Nice retirement nest egg and I wouldn't ever make another product again

I'm not in any way bashing Carputing. I really like their product and it's interface, they offered us something that no one else could duplicate for 4 or 5 years, and helped me build my hobby into a business as well. I would actually like to thank them for their work. Yes, it was expensive and I didn' t get the updates I needed as often as I liked, but for the only game in town, I think they did pretty good.

<FLAMESUIT ON>
Old 03-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Launching!

so when will the 98 be available i mean if i order it now when will i get it no false release dates to get me to order please
Old 03-13-2004, 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

I sent you folks at HPTuners an email regarding a question I had, I hope I get lucky...
Old 03-13-2004, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont mean to pour salt on an already open wound with the 98 PCM's but if its only going to be a month later on the release of the 98 pcm's then how come we cant preorder? I truly believe that you will offer it for the 98's but if your not allowing preorders then it sounds like you dont know exactly when it will be ready. Could someone shed a little more light on this?
Old 03-14-2004, 08:02 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 98_B4C
The last time I checked Carputing they want $550.00 for LS1 edit (locked to 1 pcm). Then fill out the survey and get the $100.00 discount = $450.00.
My bad... $450.00
Old 03-14-2004, 10:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The reason we are not accepting pre-orders on 98's yet because we will not be shipping them on the week of the 22'nd like we will with the other vehicles.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cgworth
I dont mean to pour salt on an already open wound with the 98 PCM's but if its only going to be a month later on the release of the 98 pcm's then how come we cant preorder? I truly believe that you will offer it for the 98's but if your not allowing preorders then it sounds like you dont know exactly when it will be ready. Could someone shed a little more light on this?
I have nothing to do with HPtuners or claim to have any inside info... but generally pre-orders are a BAD thing, when a product isn't ALREADY in production (just not ready to ship.) There is always the chance of unforseen delays, and even if the manufacturer says... "We are working on it, and we are not exactl sure when it will come out." The customer always gets pissed off if it doesn't come when THEY expect it to, and start spreading bad words about the company.

.... and really, what is the point of a pre-order with a product like this anyways. I don't think demand is going to be to the point to where you have to worry about not being able to get the product once it becomes available. Just patiently wait earning the 2% on the money in your savings account, and when its available... buy it.

Just my 2 cents... it works out, and everybody is happy in the end.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Based on the responses from Magnus and others I've read here and around the net I feel comfortable pre-ordering mine.

I took the plunge and pre-ordered mine.

I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So any word on the release of the 98 cables yet, another week down right
J

Quick Reply: HP Tuners is now accepting orders.