Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Paul Blackmore, Anyone GTO datalogging

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Paul Blackmore, Anyone GTO datalogging

Hi I have been trying to datalog a GTO with the V6 software and everything is fine until PE, there seems to be a threshold at which the PCM just plain cuts serial data and then reutrns after throttle is lower. We have tried different baud rates and pid packages and even diff PCs.
Does anyone have a WORKING email for Paul Blackmore. I used to but cant find one that works anymore.
Thank you in advance

Jeremy Formato
Old 03-08-2004, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jformato
Hi I have been trying to datalog a GTO with the V6 software and everything is fine until PE, there seems to be a threshold at which the PCM just plain cuts serial data and then reutrns after throttle is lower. We have tried different baud rates and pid packages and even diff PCs.
Does anyone have a WORKING email for Paul Blackmore. I used to but cant find one that works anymore.
Thank you in advance

Jeremy Formato
Jeremy - easiest way is to go thru the EFLLive forum. Those guys ( Paul, GMPX, emarkey ) are super with responses!!! Here is the Link->EFILive

Hope this helps.
joel
Old 03-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by jformato
Thank you in advance

Jeremy Formato
Hi Jeremy,

paul at efilive.com will get to me.

Have you tried turning off 5x24 mode and 10x24 mode?
That way EFILive will use dynamic packet logging. It will be a little slower:
- About 6-7 frames per second with 24 channels.
- About 10 frames per second with 18 channels.
- About 13 frames per second with 12 channels.

To turn off 5x24 and 10x24, open the properties window (Alt+Enter), select the [Logging] tab page and uncheck "5x24 if supported" and "10x24 if supported", and check "Dynamic packets".

One very useful thing you could do to help is figure out why this is happening on your vehicle, is to stop logging within 1 or 2 seconds of the data cutting out, then generate an error report (Ctrl+G), save it and send it to me.
Obviously you'll need to be watching closely to see when the data stops. You need to stop EFILive logging immediately (use the hotkey F4) because the error report only maintains a 5 second "history" of the comms with the vehicle.

Regards
Paul

Quick Reply: Paging Paul Blackmore, Anyone GTO datalogging