Sponsored by:

Keep LS2 GTO VATS for Security, Cruise and A/C

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Keep LS2 GTO VATS for Security, Cruise and A/C

Howdy Gents:

I'm not sure I'm the right place but here goes. I'm putting a 2006 GTO LS2 into a 68 Camaro. I know I can delete VATS and various other non-essential items from the harness.

But what I want to do is keep the DBW cruise control and A/C integration with the E40 ECM. The GTO needs a Powertrain Interface Module (PIM) for the cruise funtions and the Body Control Module (BCM) for the A/C request and status (minimum fan speed). The problem is that the BCM, PIM and ECM all need to be "linked" together and that requires the VATS to be satisfied.

So here's my thought. I can get a matched FOB (key)/BCM from a wrecking yard (and perhaps the VIN). From there I think I can then have the PCM and ECM linked. My thinking is to use the GTO FOB as an "immobilizer" to satisfy the VATS which means it would need to be present so as to allow engine operation but then the normal dash key would function as normal.

I'm hoping someone out there knows about these GM systems and shed some light on this and let me know if it can be done. There's lots of folk out there that at least want the GTO DBW cruise but no one has cracked this egg yet.

Thanks very much!

Quick Reply: Keep LS2 GTO VATS for Security, Cruise and A/C