PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another $500 Dyno Tune....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To add to this (since I'm dealing with the effects of a horrid tune).
My "tune" was done by a very well known shop local to Houston. (Shop is abbreviated with 3 letters and since they are a Sponsor, I don't want to get the thread shut down by the powers that be).
Car is an 06 GTO with a forged 6.0 (iron block) 10.5:1, FTI cam, TSP cnc LS3 heads, BR7Ef plugs, a pair Turbonetics 6662 Erin's. Fuel system is basic for now with a simple LPE 255 lph with 60# injectors (resized LS2 units) MPX 4250A 2.5 bar MAP.
Dropped the car at the tuner, where it stayed for well over 2 weeks for a tune (yes 2 weeks). When I got it back, I expected it be something different then when I dropped it off ... Gawd is it "different."
The car is barely drivable. Hesitation on take off -off idle miss, surges / lugs below 1800 rpm, gas mileage is about 11 mpg on the freeway going 60 mph. It's a total cluster right now.
Attached is the tune exactly as it was when I picked my car up.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
LMR_27Aug13.hpt (1,014.1 KB, 519 views)
Old 10-03-2013, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Alex in Houston
My "tune" was done by a very well known shop local to Houston. (Shop is abbreviated with 3 letters and since they are a Sponsor, I don't want to get the thread shut down by the powers that be).
Car is an 06 GTO with a forged 6.0 (iron block) 10.5:1, FTI cam, TSP cnc LS3 heads, BR7Ef plugs, a pair Turbonetics 6662 Erin's. Fuel system is basic for now with a simple LPE 255 lph with 60# injectors (resized LS2 units) MPX 4250A 2.5 bar MAP.
Dropped the car at the tuner, where it stayed for well over 2 weeks for a tune (yes 2 weeks). When I got it back, I expected it be something different then when I dropped it off ... Gawd is it "different."
The car is barely drivable. Hesitation on take off -off idle miss, surges / lugs below 1800 rpm, gas mileage is about 11 mpg on the freeway going 60 mph. It's a total cluster right now.
Damn sorry to hear Alex. What did the tuner have to say about this?
Old 10-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Alex in Houston
Hey Alex! Recognize your build from ls1gto I can't believe they would return it like that! They're no strangers to high performance builds but seriously wtf? Original owner of my Goat had it tuned by them (thankfully it is mostly stock), but it has me wondering now how much better the tune could be! Thankfully the tune is unlocked, and I've been going through Banish's material. Good luck with getting things straightened out!

Quick Reply: Another $500 Dyno Tune....