Sponsored by:

Atap questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 09:46 AM
WFC
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atap questions

I just got atap and I cant seem to get an IAC reading or oil pressure reading.
I Know I have pressure and the stock gauge works. The desired IAC position gauge shows a reading of 170 and moves around when in gear but the IAC position gauge shows 0 and some times 1 when my car is not running. Do you guy's think it's my atap or my car? I bought atap to see where my IAC counts were so I can drill my TB hole larger to help surging and dieing in reverse and sometimes at stop light's after a PT4000 was installed. Anyone got any clues?

Last edited by WFC; 03-13-2004 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here try this https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/129345-how-lower-iac-counts-edit-no-holes.html

David
Old 03-13-2004, 02:31 PM
WFC
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Navy David SS
Thank's for the link but I am not shure if my atap data is accurate. If my IAC counts are 0 even when my desired counts are 170 than theres got to be a problem with the IAC motor it self? Does this sound right? Since I cant get an oil pressure reading from atap I'm not shure if the IAC motor is working properly or not. All of these surging issues and missfire codes started only after my PT4000 was installed. It's alot better now after Kirk at APE raised my idle a bit but my car still wants to die in reverse if I let off the gas to quickly and when it's not fully warmed up it will surge in gear. I'm taking it in on Wendsday to APE, but I kind of want to fix this one myself concedering APE has done quite enough for me. Is there anything I can try other than puting a bigger hole in my TB? Sorry about the long post