Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running a Dual Curve MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
Yup, Because that was a good safe tune, to the OP of course now you know, 22* of timing was way too much even with meth, On a stock bottom end, I probably would of stayed at 16* or so...Also keeping your A/F safe too..
air fuel only dropped to 11.1
yeah im not sure what was up with the timing being so high, but it was set at 28 with just the cam and bolt ons. i guess he thought 22 would be low enough to start off tuning it, but i suppose that caused the detonation and lifted that head from what i am being told and learning. that peak hp number was somewhere between 5800-and 6k rpms, we were not ready to send it to 6550rpms quite yet, but it never made it anyways. in the process of building it now. new heads, pistons, compression ratio, more fuel pump, and less timing obviously. i have alot of friends making 540-570rwhp anywhere from 5.5lbs to 10. the dyno really cant be counted on, but i can say last time we ran it it made 393 and 365, so 599 and 577 seemed like a great gain to me. i do plan on puttin it on another dyno for a comparison. the real numbers that matter are at the track of course.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Who tuned it? Henson? How the hell do you not know that 22* is too much for a stock motor? Wow. I'm not surprised at all with this post.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah man he was tuning it. saw you driving down the road the other day in the mean green machine. glad to see it at least went to someone who will take care of it. hope B money is doing allright. hey man i hope you guys make it to lassiter in march. my white flag is up, i just wanna see some f bodies tearing it up. ill be back in action in a few months. i was just going to replace the gaskets and do studs, but i said to hell with it, lets just go all the way. diamonds, callies, katech bolts, and studs.

Quick Reply: Anyone running a Dual Curve MAF?