PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM reprogramming for 4L80E swap.

Old 03-18-2004, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCM reprogramming for 4L80E swap.

Ok here is the deal. I have an engine out of a 2001 Yukon Denali, which has the electronically controlled throttle body, and was originally backed by a 4L60E. I am putting it into a 1970 Chevelle, and would like to use a 4L80E (which I already have purchased.)

If possible, I would also like to take the mechanical fan off and use LS1 fans interfaced to the PCM so that fan control would be handled by the PCM.

What kind of programming changes would be necessary to make these things work?? Is it something I (using LS1 edit or something similar) or the dealer can do?? ... or do I have to send it to someone who would customize the programming for me?

Thanks,

Todd
Old 03-18-2004, 05:27 PM
blownerator

Todd:

The fans will be easy enough to do. You will need a pig tail (e-mail me I have tons). Once you get the pig tail you will need to hook it up to Pin# 42 on the blue plug to the PCM. Once that is done, you will need to either have the PCM tuned for the Fans or get edit and do it yourself.

The Trans will be a little more involved. You will need to contact www.speartech.com for a wire harness for the 4L80-E, this harness will include the directions for install and the programming needed for it. Cost on that is about $210.00.

Hope this Helps!

Brian
Old 03-20-2004, 12:09 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I am currently doing just that-putting a 4l80e behind a motor that had the e-throttle. You have 2 options #1 convert to a cable throttle (which is what i am doing) or #2 convert to 2003 throttle body, etc module and pcm. Either way you will have to have the PCM reprogrammed for the 4l80E.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCM reprogramming for 4L80E swap.