Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little help please

Hey guys. My check engine light came on a couple weeks ago and I went to O'reilly's to check it. I hooked up the OBD II reader and for some reason it won't read but whenever it is plugged in the fuel pump will constantly pressurize. The reader won't tell me what the problem is besides saying it cannot connect with the car. The car has been tuned before I got it about a year ago.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 95blackZ
Hey guys. My check engine light came on a couple weeks ago and I went to O'reilly's to check it. I hooked up the OBD II reader and for some reason it won't read but whenever it is plugged in the fuel pump will constantly pressurize. The reader won't tell me what the problem is besides saying it cannot connect with the car. The car has been tuned before I got it about a year ago.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.
If it's the car in your sig, an OBD2 scanner won't work. It's an OBD2 connector, but the 95s still had OBD1 protocol. It says right on the underhood emissions sticker.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Ed, you're a smart guy. Have you ever heard why GM did that on those cars? They didn't do that on all their 95 model vehicles.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Hey Ed, you're a smart guy. Have you ever heard why GM did that on those cars? They didn't do that on all their 95 model vehicles.
GM and Ford both had OBD2 connectors in SOME of the 1995 models. I was working at a Caddy store at the time, but for the life of me I don't remember why, other than a head start on the tooling.

They had data streams that were somewhat of a hybrid OBD2. They were actually referred to as OBD 1.5. I forget the exact protocol though. Been a while LOL
Old 02-13-2012, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

http://www.aldlcable.com/sc/details.asp?item=aldlobd1u

You need this cable and a laptop with a program like Datamaster.
You were probably hearing the low speed fans kick on when you plugged in the OBD2 scanner. Thats what my 94 TA did.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

if its obd 1, try jumping A-B terminals on the aldl with the key on. should flash codes through the mil.