Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator o2 sensor ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator o2 sensor ?

I just got a predator and put it on my car. I know i have a problem with my o2 sensors seeing as how i have simulators in the rear and my front passenger side is UNPLUGGED!!!! I unplugged it because one of the previous owners of the car hacked the harness up and for some reason after driving the care for a year or so the car developed a shuddering problem and the car threw a code for that o2 sensor. After unplugging the o2 it smoothed out. ( IT DOSE NOT THROW A CODE FOR IT NOT BEING PLUGGED IN THOUGH. )

So my question is when running the live data and looking at the o2 stats what readings are for what sensors?? Because they are all showing readings and again one is UNPLUGGED!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your o2 sensors show up as HO2S on the scanner, bank 1 is the driver side and bank two is the passenger side. sensor 1 is the sensor before (pre) catalytic converter and sensor two is after (post) catalytic converter. example...... HO2S bank 1 sensor 1, would be the driver side o2 sensor before the catalytic converter......hope this helps some.

the sensor you want to look at on the scanner is HO2S bank 2 sensor 1.

from what i understand about o2 sensors is that your rear o2's aren't doing anything but letting the pcm know how well the cat's are cleaning up excess fumes. the front o2's are a different story, they are very important for proper engine operation. they monitor/control short and long term fuel trims. i am in the process of getting my car ready for LT headers so i will be dealing with this shortly, i should say that i have been researching this and a lot of people have problems with the simulators, dont know if thats part of your issue but i would do some searching around the forum if i were you.

what i would do is this...... fix the pre cat sensor issue (probably a new o2 if the wiring checks out ok) and then unplug the rear o2 sims and deal with the CEL being on until you can get them tuned out. once they are tuned out the pcm will never look for there feedback again.

Last edited by ggino85; 02-09-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, you need to put the front O2 back in...

The PIDs are listed by sensor 1/1 (bank one, sensor 1), 1/2 (bank 1, sensor 2), or 2/1, 2/2 (bank 2, sensor 1(front) or 2 (rear)).