Sponsored by:

Throttle body code

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Throttle body code

07 cts-v

I just installed an mp112 and when I was just cruising around town in my car it threw P2135 C0242. Limped it in power reduce mode to the post office. Turned my car back on after I got done sending my mail and the only one that was there was the P2135

Checked the wires to the throttle body and everythign seems to be fine. That's the only one I didnt have to splice so i'm thinking it cant be that. It was just a piggyback

came home today after 7 days out of town, and the code was gone. For the hell of it I bought a new throttle body, and the code has not come on again

If it triggers the P2135 again, whats the next step I should take? Someone told me a vender on here (Cal_Editor) has resolved this problem.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 02-13-2012, 07:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Buddy with an 05 has had the same problem after installing headers and cam. The issue seems to be the throttle airflow tables being maxed out and the PCM throwing a hissy fit because of this.

What we did was increase these airflow tables to make the pcm not go into reduced power mode as early. You aren't changing anything in the tune power wise, just increasing the threshold for when the pcm throws the code and goes into power reduced mode. With the added airflow due to new mods, you can't be on stock parameters.

Ever since then, the car has not had this issue anymore.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Usually that code means that the Tps signals are not matching what they need to be on the safety perameters. It has a Rising and falling signal at the same time. If they dont follow what they need to be doing then it will fail the test and throw that code.
If it comes back you need to check the wiring to the throttlebody.
If it Does not come back then you fixed it with a replacement throttlebody.

I have seen this one time before also when the Throttle pedal assembly went bad on a V. It was only once though so i dont think that would be it in your case.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

what were your symptoms when your throttle pedal assembly went bad?

The code has not come back, but one issue I am having is when I cruise through a parking lots or push in the clutch at a stop sign, it'll sit at 1000-1100RPM for about 5-10 seconds. Then go back to my normal 900RPM idle
Old 02-14-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wcryan
what were your symptoms when your throttle pedal assembly went bad?

The code has not come back, but one issue I am having is when I cruise through a parking lots or push in the clutch at a stop sign, it'll sit at 1000-1100RPM for about 5-10 seconds. Then go back to my normal 900RPM idle

That problem is different than the throttle pedal issue. Your issue is you need to remove some airflow from the THROTTLE CRACKER table. It is speed based, so just remove a percent from your problem speeds and that issue will go away. Even the 0mph column has added airflow. So just try removing it.

The issue on the throttle pedal i had was when driving, it would sometimes throw codes for tps issues, but it was random, Finally i caught it while driving with the scan tool. It dropped the percent of tps. Then when the key on, engine off, i would press the pedal in and out, over and over again and about once in 50 presses, it would have a drop to 0 then back up at one spot on the tps.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when you install a new electronic throttlebody, you need to reset the idle learn with a gm tech 2. the throttle body also acts as the IAC and now that it has a new throttlebody its seeing different airflow because theres no carbon buildup on the throttle blade and body, so it dont know how to compensate correctly.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is there any way to do it without a techII?
Old 02-15-2012, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

It will do that test automatically as time goes on. Same way it auto adjusts for the carbon build up and aging electronic motor.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Must be in the tune. I put the old one back on and it does it with that one on too. I'm sure it's an easy fix the way you guys are explaining it