PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

master tuner efi book

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default master tuner efi book

Wanted to hear opinions on this book. I'm looking learning to tune my own car once I finish my Turbo system. Does it cover things on how to do 2 bar SD in detail? I have the time to learn and willing to learn and I feel since I'm a automotive technician I should be able to do it.
thanks guys
Old 02-17-2012, 03:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I just got this book last week. I am thoroughly enjoying it. While I am not an automotive technician right now, I have been a GM technician, and I also have a degree in automotive electronics. That being said there is still plenty of things to learn from this book. It is very detailed and teaches the why as well as the how. For automotive technicians especially it is a bit slow in the beginning but that is understandable as it is for everyone. But I have to admit that once it gets going it can spin your head with technical details. There is a case study for VE tuning on a 02 Camaro that is right up your alley (mine too). One thing I will say is that this book does not give you all the answers but so far I see it laying down and excellent base to learn to tune yourself. From there you will need to apply time, time, time. Which the book makes very clear several times. So bottom line I definitely recommend it but I will caveat my review with the fact that I have not bought HP tuners yet and I have not tuned yet. As far as theory goes I am very happy with the book. I am sure there will be plenty of people who sound off that it is a good book as those reviews are why I bought it.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds good. I'm excited to get the book and HP tuner pro. Sounds like it should be of great help. Thanks for your input
Old 02-17-2012, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem. I am surprised no one else has any input.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah this section usually is dead. Bet I would have gotten more responses in the forced induction section.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a very good book along with the Greg Banish DVDs.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Teching In

I think this book was my best purchase for the money!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

so i finally got this book and have to agree.heres a quick run down/review(havent read it all yet).for what this book costs it looks to be a valuable tool.I know there probably are better but more expensive things out there like the Greg Banish tuning books and dvds,but with that said this book is very good for the money imo.so far i am about 80 pages into it(just got it) and also have read half of one of the hp tuners case studies on a twin turbo 02 ss.it is very informative and makes everything in easy to understand.It also walks you thru the process of what needs to be done to effectivly start tuning.another great thing about this book is it goes over theories and explains how certain sensors work and interact with each other.Even if you dont have a desire to tune your own vehicle there is quite good info that will give you a better understanding of what your pcm is doing and how things work.