PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last 2 issues with my tune (hopefully)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Last 2 issues with my tune (hopefully)

Thanks to a lot of help on here, I have been slowly working through issues on my tune. I have finally gotten rid of the idle surge, but I still have a few issues I need to get under control.

1. When driving and coming to a stop, the RPMs will raise slightly then dip. I notice the timing drops to single digits during this and I'm not sure why. The first log shows this around the 35 sec point.

2. The bigger issue is when going into reverse or drive, then giving it gas and rapidly letting off the gas, the idle will drop low and sometimes die. I have messed with the TF and TC tables, but haven't seen any improvement. I'm guessing I need the IAC to cushion the throttle close a little better, so I need a bigger or smaller number in the TF decay table? Will raising the TC enable speed help this at all? The second log shows me giving it a little throttle in reverse then rapidly letting off, then you see the RPM dip and eventual death.

I'm also attaching my latest tune. Feel free to throw spears.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
drive6.hpl (45.0 KB, 105 views)
File Type: hpt
RussK_follower.hpt (449.1 KB, 132 views)
File Type: hpl
reversedie2.hpl (7.1 KB, 74 views)
Old 09-08-2012, 08:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribing as i am having the same issue.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may be completely wrong but ive noticed alot of recommendations for enlarging the bypass hole in the butterfly. Sounds like not enough air at close dthrottle
Old 09-12-2012, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 93BlackTa
subscribing as i am having the same issue.
Since this is 7 months old I am not sure this is a good thread to follow. You may want to start your own and post up your logs and tune to be looked at.

This may be completely wrong but ive noticed alot of recommendations for enlarging the bypass hole in the butterfly. Sounds like not enough air at close dthrottle
Excuse me while I step in to my flame resistant suit as I may be wrong as well... I was always taught this was a crutch for not being able to tune and should practically never be done. There may be some extreme cases but it seems that it is done far too often.

Quick Reply: Last 2 issues with my tune (hopefully)