Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spark cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 04:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default spark cutting out

hey guys, I just got my car running with the same setup i had before pt88 turbo/th400 accept i got a jy 5.3 in there now...when i am driving if i give it enough load to get near boost it will start to spool and then just completely fall on its face once it gets to 105 kpa..

when revving the car in nuetral it revs perfectly clean and all, however i tried to do a crank relearn (case learn) through the scanner and your supposed to rev the car slowly to the fuel cutoff, so as i perform the procedure the car just completely cuts out at 4k rpm just like it does when im diving and then the car will do that everytime i rev it until i key it off and then back on, and the same thing happens again if i try to do a case learn..

at first i knew my ve table needed adjustment and i got it adjusted decently and it has no affect on the problem and my rev limiters are set to 6900...

only thing that i didnt swap over to this engine from my preious engine are my cam and crank sensor ( i left the originals in there) , so i figured maybe it had something to do with the crank sensor and swapped my original crank sensor in with no affect, i havent swapped the cam sensor cause i didnt feel like pulling the manifold yet and i wanted to see if i can see the issue with my scanner so i have a scan file with me just revving it without doing the case learn so it was revving clean and im not exactly sure what the numbers should look like in a good situation so if anyone can please help here it is

thanks for any help
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
matt_crank_sig.hpl (13.9 KB, 64 views)
Old 03-19-2012, 11:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Umm... boost on a stock (105kPa) MAP sensor?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

no i am using the same 2 bar sensor i was using in previous motor and beside that the whole deal with it cutting out at about 4krpm when trying to do a case learn and then i have to restart car for it to rev clean again, its weird if i hold the throttle down in nuetral after doin a case learn it almost acts like one of those factory 2steps and it cuts out at like 4k drops down to about 2k and then keeps doing the same thing over and over again
Old 03-19-2012, 12:18 PM
11 Second Club

and i just pulled the crank sensor today again to inspect the reluctor ring and everything looked fine