PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had VATS disabled and still wont crank

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had VATS disabled and still wont crank

Hi guys, been lurking here for a long time but never signed up. Great info, great site here.

I have a 1997 T/A and Im experiencing the blinking security light/no crank condition.

I did some reading on this site and it seemed like most everybody sent their pcm's off and had VATS tuned out so thats what I did...I thought.

Just recieved my PCM back in the mail today, and even with VATS supposedly disabled I still have the blinking security light and it wont crank.

So my question is: Is there any kind of special procedure I should have followed, or should follow? Am I doing something wrong? I had assumed this would just be a plug and play deal, but maybe thats not the case.

Any info/advise/experience would be greatly appriciated

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

VATS in the PCM just controls the fuel shut off part of VATS. Not the cranking. Tips on disabling VATS can be seen here:
http://shbox.com/1/pass_key.html
Old 03-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most problems in these systems were broken wires at the ignition switch lock cylinder. There are 2 very fine wires that will break off after years of numerous start cycles. If one of these wires break the bcm does not see a resistance signal to it thus not allowing the start relay to be energized.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Yep it requires two OK signals for the car to function correctly. Is your car attempting to turn over or what?