PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New tuners, don't do this...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this may have just solved my city mileage issues. I found my PE starting at 35% throttle in the low RPM and dipping to 16% throttle in the upper. The guy that worked on my initial tune got nice dyno numbers, but man my city mileage sucked. I put to stock values and already have noted my gas level keeping much higher before hitting 60 miles...
Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
So there are no tuners that frequent forums that are any good? OK, then being a hack, I guess I'll keep my opinions to myself about your last post, and what is and isn't correct about it. Ironic how someone who only tunes his own stuff is such an expert on tuning and the quality on tuners in general.
You nailed it.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With a good number of the tuners playing their cards close to their chest, the internet "wisdom" often times gets taken as fact. This leads not only to incorrect tunes, but also customers who read this mess and think they know something about the process and want to "fix" their tunes and end up making it worse.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like vanilla ice for the ford toons i do! And motley crue for the GM!

2% enable PE LMFAO! Wonder if the oil in there had any viscosity left! Or if we washed the cylinders and bearings dry already!!!

Quick Reply: New tuners, don't do this...