Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atlanta tuner needed and A/C load cutout and ABS VSS questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Atlanta tuner needed and A/C load cutout and ABS VSS questions

I have a 2005 LQ9 that I'm swapping into a 1996 C1500. I have two specific questions that I'm having trouble finding answers to. I also need a tuner preferably in the Atlanta, GA area to do all this. Prefer this tuner have a stand alone harness to tune the computer without the truck, atleast to get me a tune to start the engine.

1- I'd like to use the A/C compressor output on C2 (Green connector) pin 43 to disable the '96 truck A/C compressor during high load and high RPM conditions. In the 2005 the A/C request signal comes to the PCM over the serial data which I won't have. I need an input enabled for the A/C request signal. Looks like green connector C2 17 is the input.

2- Green connector pin C2 49 circuit 1827 Vehicle Speed Signal OUT 129k/mile which drove the 2005 ABS VSS signal is connected to the 1996 truck ABS VSS signal. If i figure out the correct signal the 1996 ABS needs is this output configurable to get it? Is the 1996 ABS expecting 129k/mile or something else? Hopefully that's standard across the years like the 4k/mile for the speedo. I think if I take in to account the 2005 vs 1996 abs wheel speed sensor tooth count, 4l60E vs T56 VSS tooth count, rear axle ratios between the 2005 and 1996, and finally the difference in expected PCM to ABS vss signal this just might work.

Other stuff I need:

Manual transmission T56 from 1998 Camaro - Disable all automatic transmission functions, torque limits, and codes. Adjust for different VSS reluctor wheel.
Disable EVAP tank pressure codes. Will connect EVAP solenoid to existing 1996 charcoal canister, so the solenoid still needs to open.
Will be running catalytic converters so rear O2's can stay.
Disable security
Gear ratio is a 3.42 with a 1998 Camaro T56 transmission and a 315/35/20 rear tire and using stock speedometer. VSS Speedometer output needs to be configured to match required stock 1996 speedometer signal.
Using stock tach, needs to be configured for 8cyl operation.
Adding dual electric fans from an LS1 Camaro. Need both Fan1 and Fan2 outputs to work.
Add output for reverse lockout on T-56
Engine has these long tube headers with 1 3/4" primaries. http://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/LS1-TRUCK.htm
Mike

Last edited by mikesz; 04-10-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Updated questions
Old 04-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found this thread on the A/C. https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...m-harness.html Looks like PCMCalibrators can do it, but they are not local. If they can take care of the ABS issue as well and don't lock the PCM so I can have it tuned locally if I ever decide to do a LS3 top end swap they will get my business.

Mike

Quick Reply: Atlanta tuner needed and A/C load cutout and ABS VSS questions