Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator News

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator News

I've been trying to contact James @ RWTD for 2 weeks now to get a custom tune, etc. So I went to the RWTD website & saw he set up a new forum. It says you MUST use that new forum to get custom tunes & technical help. And you must sign up for an account. It goes on to say that emails will not be responded to. I sent him an email (HA!) to see if this is in effect yet, and to inquire about my tune request.

Mark

PS - the reply...

Hello, and thank you for your email to RWTD.

In order to meet the growing demands of our business, and to continue offering the best in customer service and support, RWTD has initiated a new forums based sales and technical support center. You will still be able to receive the same high quality support as always, but at a much faster and altogether better method than before. Because of this new system, we will no longer be using emails as a support method, and any and all questions should be directed to our forums based sales and technical support center. This is also the proper method of contact for custom tunes, as well, whether you are a current, new, or future customer. The new forums based sales and technical support center is located here:

www.DiabloSportTuning.com

Thank you for contacting RWTD, and we look forward to servicing your needs.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Restricted User

Glad I got onto an edit cable. The whole waiting was pissing me off. Not a bad setup for most casual modders though.
Good luck.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Wink

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I've been trying to contact James @ RWTD for 2 weeks now to get a custom tune, etc. So I went to the RWTD website & saw he set up a new forum. It says you MUST use that new forum to get custom tunes & technical help. And you must sign up for an account. It goes on to say that emails will not be responded to. I sent him an email (HA!) to see if this is in effect yet, and to inquire about my tune request.

Mark

PS - the reply...

Hello, and thank you for your email to RWTD.

In order to meet the growing demands of our business, and to continue offering the best in customer service and support, RWTD has initiated a new forums based sales and technical support center. You will still be able to receive the same high quality support as always, but at a much faster and altogether better method than before. Because of this new system, we will no longer be using emails as a support method, and any and all questions should be directed to our forums based sales and technical support center. This is also the proper method of contact for custom tunes, as well, whether you are a current, new, or future customer. The new forums based sales and technical support center is located here:

www.DiabloSportTuning.com

Thank you for contacting RWTD, and we look forward to servicing your needs.
This is why I bought VCM Suite, I don't have to put up with the "best in customer service and support"!
Old 03-27-2004, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I purchased my unit and initial dyno time as a package locally. I get my 'custom' tunes from Johan@DiabloSport. Once I log real time data (or a dyno session), I send the data in and get a new base tune. Then I upload the new tune into the Predator. Typically, if I sent the requested base tune changes after work, I get the new info in the morning (or at the latest that evening) of the following day. After the initial dyno session, I requested an additional 4* timing that night. I had two new files (+2* and +4*) the next afternoon. I just logged additional info on KR and timing, and I am ready to check my adjustments on the dyno again. So far I can't complain about their service.

I find the Predator to do what I need....for now. After I get into the game more (need $ and time....who doesn't), then I will look at more intensive PCM editing systems.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I want to get it set up so I can use my Predator
to fiddle timing and PE on top of my HPTuners
tuning, just for when you don't want the extra
baggage. Looks like that happens with the first
steps of the "custom tune" procedure.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

As far as I understand, IF your car has an edited stock tune (HPtuner, etc), and you install the Predator tune, the unit saves the edited stock tune. BUT, the predator tune may be worse than your custom tune depending on mods. I think you would have to send the edited stock tune to johan or james, which they would convert to a predator base tune to upload into the unit. Then you could tweak the parameters.

As long as you never have to take it to the dealer for warranty issues, then you shouldn't need the GM stock tune. But it might be wise to have a GM stock tune file in your HPtuner, etc. database, or you would have to reflash the PCM to get back to hte GM stock tune again.

Personally I would stick with the HPtuner if it has logging/editing ability and dyno adjust with that.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

From what I read on their new site there is a
way (once you load that special PC interface
program) to make it snarf up your modified PCM
tune and then push it back, with user adjusts.
I'm gonna see about that anyway.