Remote tuning for driveability issues? - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Diablo | Pantera EFI
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote tuning for driveability issues?

Old 04-23-2012, 04:07 AM
  #1  
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 27
Default Remote tuning for driveability issues?

Hi,

Are there any good tuners on here who do remote tuning and are good at getting good driveability from cammed cars? Or can anyone recommend someone for this type of thing.

I have an LS3 that has been put into a car that has an older LS1 PCM and would like to get it driving as close to "stock like" as possible. Specs are as follows.

Comp Cam 227/243 113lsa LSR cam.
Comp springs, pushrods etc.
Yella Terra 1.7:1 rockers.
Fast LSXR 102mm intake manifold.
Nick Williams 102mm cable throttle body.
Stock LS3 injectors.
Stock LS3 heads & compression.
1 3/4" four into one headers into twin 2.5" exhaust.
Over the radiator style cold air intake.
etc.



Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Benno
benno25 is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 05:14 AM
  #2  
FormerVendor
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rock Hill SC
Posts: 687
Default

We do that often. We have 2 setups that we use. I am waiting on a cable return currently on 1 of our methods. The price varys on the setup we use.
CalEditor@PCMCalibrators is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 07:42 AM
  #3  
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 27
Default

I should also mention I have HPTuners and EFI Live V1 so I can log whatever is required and load in different tunes as needed. There is a HPTuners 1 Bar SD tune in the car at the moment.

I also have a PLX wideband that is permanently set up in the car.

Oh, and the car is a manual.

Feel free to PM me some prices and I would be interested to hear if anyone has had any experience with my cam.

Cheers
Benno
benno25 is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 08:16 AM
  #4  
On The Tree
 
redsilv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: colorado
Posts: 140
Default


back off get back
i emailed cal-editor first !

just joking
i just finished my motor swap and now looking for a
remote tune also


good luck benn
redsilv is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 10:25 PM
  #5  
9 Second Club
iTrader: (13)
 
minytrker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Burton
Posts: 1,293
Default

Patrick G or Frost
minytrker is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 04:14 PM
  #6  
TECH Senior Member
 
joecar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: So.Cal.
Posts: 6,044
Default

Originally Posted by benno25 View Post
I should also mention I have HPTuners and EFI Live V1 so I can log whatever is required and load in different tunes as needed. There is a HPTuners 1 Bar SD tune in the car at the moment.

I also have a PLX wideband that is permanently set up in the car.

Oh, and the car is a manual.

Feel free to PM me some prices and I would be interested to hear if anyone has had any experience with my cam.

Cheers
Benno
You have all the equipment for tuning it...

(your options are to send log/tune files to someone, or to follow the tutorials yourself if you have the time);

looks like a Commodore, where are you located...?
joecar is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 08:40 PM
  #7  
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by joecar View Post
You have all the equipment for tuning it...

(your options are to send log/tune files to someone, or to follow the tutorials yourself if you have the time);

looks like a Commodore, where are you located...?
Yeah mate, VY SS Commodore.
I'm in Darwin

Cheers
benno25 is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 10:26 AM
  #8  
TECH Senior Member
 
joecar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: So.Cal.
Posts: 6,044
Default

Do you know of NTAE (NT Auto Electric)...? He has EFILive and may do tuning.
joecar is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 04:40 PM
  #9  
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by joecar View Post
Do you know of NTAE (NT Auto Electric)...? He has EFILive and may do tuning.
There was a guy up here years ago called NTAE, but has moved down south somewhere I believe?

Cheers
Benno
benno25 is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 06:31 PM
  #10  
TECH Senior Member
 
joecar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: So.Cal.
Posts: 6,044
Default

Originally Posted by benno25 View Post
There was a guy up here years ago called NTAE, but has moved down south somewhere I believe?

Cheers
Benno
Oh, I didn't realize he moved.
joecar is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remote tuning for driveability issues?


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: