PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI Live Main VE Table problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI Live Main VE Table problems?

I am new to EFI live. However, I have read the threads for newbies. I also had my cousin do my base tune just to get the car going. It was running on a PCM that had a HP tuners tune in it and it drove fine but I wanted to be able to tune it myself. We used a completely seperate pcm for the EFI live tune. The car will fire up for a few seconds and then die. However, I noticed that I can't even adjust my entire Main VE table by 10%, 20%, etc... as soon as I click on the top left empty box in the table, it zero's out all the cells. If I only click on one cell, it will zero it out on its own. It is doing this whether I am connected to the OBD and power on or if I am just doing it on the laptop and not connected to anything. This is in a 69 Chevelle with a 5.3 DBC, with twin PTE62/62's, on E85, 160lb injectors, no intercooler. Can anyone help me? FWIW the car has been driven with the HPtune for over 1500 miles and ran a 6.83 with 10lbs of boost. It idled fine and drove decent at slow cruising speeds. I just didn't have a way to tune it myself and I want to be able to tune it myself. This is a SD tune, open loop, TH400, 3.90 gears, PTC turbo convertor. I only run one oxygen sensor that runs to my LM1 that I leave running while driving to monitor my AFR's. Also, feel free to let me know if I am way off on my numbers. With the E85 and 160lb injectors I just am trying to get to a starting point.

Here is a shot of the Main VE table. As you can see it already zero'd out the first cell when I clicked on it.
[/IMG]

Here is the screen shot when I clicked the upper left cell to highlight everything blue. You can see the cursor. I was going to try to ad or subtract fuel across the board to get the thing running. As soon as I clicked and it highlighted all the cells slowly started heading to zero until they were all zero'd out. I did not save the tune of course. I still have the original.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nevermind.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

We're taking care of this on the EFILive forum.

Quick Reply: EFI Live Main VE Table problems?