PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new tune, no MAF ?

Old 05-03-2012, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new tune, no MAF ?

I recently received my MOT from a reputable tuner and I installed it correctly, but it wouldn't run hardly at all. Then I unplugged the MAF sensor and it runs and idles fine. Is it possible that I got a tune that was MAF delete? I've tried contacting the tuner several times over the past two weeks, and haven't received any response.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

No it sounds like they did a bad job tuning the MAF itself. Without it, the car runs fine but with it it runs like ****.

A tune with a MAF delete like you mentioned won't make a difference whether the MAF is plugged in or not, as the MAF is actually deleted in the tune and the computer won't know if the MAF is plugged in or not...it just knows to ignore it.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to think I got a bad tune from such a reputable tuner, though it sucks I can't get ahold of him. Any other ideas, bad MAF sensor, IAC, or TPS could be off? There are no codes at all and it runs fine, but I don't want to run it without the MAF sensor hooked up.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it a stock MAF for your model car? If not, did you tell the tuner about it? the MAF calibration has to match the MAF...
Old 05-05-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

If it runs fine without the MAF, it's not going to hurt to run it that way until you get the MAF deal straightened out. Just be cautious.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new tune, no MAF ?